VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Error Creating Video Proxy with new update for Movie Studio Platinum 17 (Build 221)

I have no idea when MAGIX will release update to fix Proxy Video Creation bug.
They are currently extremely short staffed and are all working on next version of VEGAS Pro 19.
I have run out of favours to ask and don't want to bug developers anymore.

I just hope they fix this bug ASAP, because it is affecting a lot of Vegas Movie Studio users now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinkinForcer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you,

I really wish they'd focus in on this software and fix the issue. It shouldn't be that difficult of a fix. Maybe even revert all users back to the previous version.

I'm honestly looking into Vegas Pro or Adobe Premier although Vegas Pro is much more expensive and Premier is a monthly subscription.

I hope they fix it soon.

• ets
  • ets's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for asking.......
this is maybe a bad sign for movie studio....
hope they don’t abandonne movie studio and only concentrate to vegas pro in the future......
they pushed a lot to upgrade to the pro version during the last months.....
are there a lot of benefits in the pro version?
is it worth the money?
is a switch not too complicated?I am 62 these days......
hope they fix it soon because my preview window is very shoppy without these proxies.....
have nice days.....
emmanuel
by ets

I see on the VegasCreative forum VEGASDerek just posted:

":We do have a fix for this proxy issue and are work working to get an update out as quickly as possible"

Cheers, Robbie

by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Cheers Robbie !!!
Thanks for providing that update.

I have been checking the official Vegas Forums twice a day, for any news about a possible update.
I was starting to become despondent, but you have cheered me up 

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Update to fix Proxy Video bug has just been released.
New build version #223.

Open VMSP17 and the update window should appear.
If it doesn't, go to Help/Check for Updates
Download and install.

If you would like to keep a copy of the #223 installer file, download the update using the program installer app.
dl03.magix.net/vegasmoviestudio17platinum_dlm_k17w6.exe
Select ONLY Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 and follow instructions.
This will keep a copy of installation program in your Documents/Magix Downloads folder.

Regards
Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmatsilv

Yes!! Just installed it, fixed the issue. 

I have sent a message to Magix and will report back to you, once I get an answer.

I have sent a message to Magix and will report back to you, once I get an answer.
Hello koshkimishki - welcome to the MSZ Forum

Magix will not be able to help you, because Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 is now a retired product - that means no more program updates and/or bug fixes.
An update to Windows 10 last year, also created new problems with how VMSP17 works - there are a few functions that just don't work now!
Most of the program is still OK. It's just a few things that affect some users.

If you are a regular video editor and love using VEGAS, I would highly recommend you consider updating to VEGAS Edit 19, which is on sale right now for only $89.99.
You qualify for the upgrade price.
Most VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum uses are now upgrading to VEGAS Pro.
I will be making many new tutorials for VEGAS Pro and will begin uploading in next few days.

If you would like to learn more about VEGAS Pro 19 versions, please watch this video.

Regards
Derek

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.035 seconds