VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Platinum 17, or any, highest resolution only 3840x2160?

Platinum 17, or any, highest resolution only 3840x2160? was created by SurfPete

Posted 04 Jul 2021 05:51 #1
Hi everyone
Today mp4 action videos (from cameras) are 4 or 5 K most often.
Okay, I dont need to make movies in this resolution, as too heavy and not portable to many social platforms anyways, so here I go std HD usually.

But I take captures from the action cam videos, in max resolution, and maybe crop down to the target.

I have always used Vegas for this, as I can jump one frame forward or rearward, or a tad bigger steps - extremely fast, and then make a full capture of the frame.
It can even be shown in the best quality on the screen, or full screen, so easy to pick the best "shot" out of a small video sequence.

Now I went from 2.7 K to 4 K (4000 x 3000 pixels), but Vegas wont work/capture higher than 3840 x 2160 not even if you type it in manually.
Are there any solutions to this, are the newer versions or pro versions able to do this?

I have found two okay different options:
VLC media player can capture in full resolution yes, but you can only step forward one frame at a time, not rearwards - useless when seeking the best capture.
GoPro Player can capture in full resolution also (and 360° video), but the interface is a bit simple/slow to work with - but the best tool I have found yet.

But what about Vegas, I have used for years and years and upgraded often, any options to work in higher resolution for frame captures, or?

Ciao from Peter
Last Edit:04 Jul 2021 10:35 by SurfPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Platinum 17, or any, highest resolution only 3840x2160?

Posted 04 Jul 2021 10:48 #2
Hi Peter

You need to upgrade to Vegas Pro 18, if you want to work with higher resolutions.
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 only allows a maximum resolution of 3840x2160.

Vegas Pro 18 allows up to 8K resolution - 8192x8192 pixels.

Vegas is offering a 2 for 1 offer right now, if you would like to upgrade from Movie Studio to Vegas Pro.
You can upgrade to Vegas Pro 18 Edit for only $149 and get Vegas Pro 19 Edit for free when it is released in August.
Vegas Pro Edit is just Vegas Pro without any extra programs.
Vegas Pro comes with Sound Forge Pro 14 as well, which is a professional audio editor.
If you are interested in the offer, use the Advertisement at top of this page.
If you want to buy in your local currency, press world button on Vegas website in top right corner.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:24 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds