VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Which version of Vegas Pro to move to?

Which version of Vegas Pro to move to? was created by dalanghoff

Posted 20 Jul 2021 08:56 #1
With the news of Movie Studio's demise, I'm tempted by the upgrade deals for Vegas Pro but need advice about which version. 

I'm still on MS Platinum 14 for personal use (travel slideshows, converting old video, etc.).

From the comparison page I don't see much difference between Pro and Pro Edit, save SoundForge--any real-world advice?  And is version 19 likely to add a lot, or just be the "latest thing" for 12 months or so?

TIA for any comments.

-- Dan L.
Last Edit:20 Jul 2021 10:51 by dalanghoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Which version of Vegas Pro to move to?

Posted 20 Jul 2021 11:13 #2
Hi Dan

Thanks for your message!

Vegas Pro 18 Edit is the fully functioning version of Vegas Pro, just by itself.
This is the cheapest way to buy the full version of Vegas Pro.

Vegas Pro 18 is Vegas Pro 18 Edit + Sound Forge Pro 14
I know it's a bit confusing, but Vegas Pro (non-edit) is 2x programs.
The version of Vegas Pro is identical to what Vegas Pro Edit is!

Vegas Pro 18 Suite is everything in Vegas Pro 18 plus a heap of pro level Video FX packs - very powerful and feature rich FX.

If you are upgrading from Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 to Vegas Pro 18 Edit, that will be a substantial upgrade for you.
I would recommend that is a very good deal for you, considering it is only $99 right now!

I doubt that Vegas Pro 19 Edit will be some type of giant leap forward, and more just a regular update.
I do know that due to COVID disruption, Vegas Creative Software has been really stretched during the last 12 months
Here is link to $99 upgrade offer. Probably a good idea to quickly download free trial for Vegas Pro 18 Edit and do a quick render, to make sure it works on your computer.
Vegas Pro 18 Edit uses different GPU Accelerated engine for Preview and Rendering, compared to VMSP14, which was using much older technology.
zen3.me/vegaspro99

Alternate upgrade is to try and get 2 for 1 offer (see Ad at top of page)
Buy Vegas Pro 18 Edit now and get Vegas Pro 19 Edit for free when it is released in late August.
You will need to start the purchase process and login to your Magix account, to see if you qualify for this upgrade path!
If you don't qualify or change mind, you can easily delete order from Cart and nullify order.

Vegas Post Suite is Vegas Pro + Vegas Effects + Vegas Image + Sound Forge Pro
Vegas Effects & Image is based on Hitfilm Pro and Imerge Pro
Vegas Effects and Hitfilm Pro are competitors with Adobe After Effects.
*Please note that Vegas Effects is missing some functions that comes with Hitfilm Pro.
Doesn't have editor function, because Vegas Pro performs that service.
Also doesn't come with Boris FX 3D Text Editor and Boris FX Mocha - plugin for making complex camera solves simple using sophisticated planar tracking, rotoscoping and corner pinning.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by dalanghoff on topic Which version of Vegas Pro to move to?

Posted 21 Jul 2021 13:46 #3
Thanks very much for your reply! I think I'll try that and continue to look here first for help.

-- Dan
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:22 by dalanghoff

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.897 seconds