VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 16 Platinum - Unable to render out with DD AC-3 studio format (stereo)

• Joey_R
  • Joey_R's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I've spent a lot of time seeking a solution (explanation) and am not sure how to proceed with a road block I've encountered regarding audio rendering.
I'm running MS16 Platinum (build 175). I am able to import VOB (MPEG-2 video) into the timeline. The AC-3 Stereo audio plays fine. However, I am unable to render the audio track out via DD AC-3 studio format (stereo). I'm getting that familiar message "Unable to install... re-launch program as admin..." - also includes an error code. As others have stated, this is bogus. I did not think version 16 was affected by Magixs' new policies abandoning AC-3 support.

This puzzles me because this same process was operating fine on my old PC (same program version). That computer died and I've since built a new desktop, downloaded and re-installed the program. I would like to know if there is a solution to my issue or what (if any) workaround(s) or options someone could suggest to get me past this sticking point. I wouldn't want to degrade the quality of the audio.

FYI: I salvaged the hard drive from the old laptop and do still have my original program download file (2019) as well as 1 update file (build 167, update 3). I didn't know if they could prove to be useful.

Thank you in advance!
Last Edit:29 Jul 2021 14:54 by Joey_R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Joey_R

Thank you for your message!
I was not aware of that new bug with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 and can confirm everything you just said.
After following the instructions, it does not resolve the problem.

Vegas Creative Software (Magix) are not going to be fixing this problem, because this program has already been retired.
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 has also been retired - I'm sure you've heard the news about that by now. If you haven't read this:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2921-movie-studio-18-has-nothing-to-do-with-vegas-movie-studio

There's no way to fix VMSP16, so you need to think outside the box.
Here are my suggestions:
1. Any audio from VMSP16 you want to render to AC-3, will need to be rendered as .WAV first (uncompressed).
2. Then use a different program to convert .WAV to AC-3
3. Audacity is a free audio editor, however to export AC-3 you need to install FFMPEG.
This is a complicated task and I can't guide you with that - look on YT for any tutorials.
4. There maybe other programs you can find that will convert .WAV to AC-3
5. Upgrade to Vegas Pro 18 Edit

You can upgrade to Vegas Pro 18 Edit for only $99
This is a one of offer for Vegas Movie Studio owners to get Vegas Pro, now that Vegas Movie Studio has been retired.
AC-3 works - i just checked.
zen3.me/vegaspro99

OR Check out 2 for 1 offer $149 - use AD at top of page to access details.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:31 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds