VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Customise template not possible in render settings (Movie Studio 15)

Hey, i work on an portrait format project.
I changed the project settings but when i render it the program change my formation.
When i go to render settings it is not possible for me to customize them.
The button don't show up.
It should be in the red  circle on the screenshot.

Does anybody know why and what i can do?

Please have a look on the screenshot and don't mind that i work with German language ^^

Last Edit:09 Sep 2021 16:52 by DerTim97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi DerTim97

You cannot Customise Settings in the NON-Platinum version of Vegas Movie Studio.
You need to use Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum version to get this function.

There maybe a trick I can do, so that you can render Portrait Style video - but I can't guarantee anything until I know what you are working with.
However, before I can do an experiment for you, I need to know that exact type of Output you want to render to and which Frame Rate your video uses.

What are the Frame Size dimensions of your Portrait style video ?
720x1280 ?
1080x1920 ?
2160x3840 ?

What Frame Rate does your video/project use ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Sep 2021 17:05 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DerTim97

Hey Derek, 
Thanks for you answer. 
Ou okay, i didn´t know that this feature is only usable in the Platinum-Version.. I just worked on 16:9 projects before.

The frame size demension i use for this is 1080x1920 with a framerate of 30. Thanks a lot for your help :)
Have a great one,
Tim

Hi Tim

Try this experiment !!!
When you create and save a Custom Rendering Template in the Platinum versions of Vegas Movie Studio, the new template is shared on Windows 10 and can be accessed by any version of Vegas installed on the computer. I just did an experiment on my computer with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 and Vegas Movie Studio 17 - it worked.

I have created 2x test templates for you.
1. CUSTOM Internet HD Portrait 1080p 29.97 fps.sft2
This one is programmed to render with your CPU only.
2. NVIDIA Internet HD Portrait 1080p 29.97 fps.sft2
The second one is programmed to render with your Nvidia GPU.

Go to this folder on your computer. If any of the folders in this pathway do not exist, you will have to create them manually first.
C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\VEGAS\Render Templates\avc
Download .zip file below and unzip first.
Now import the 2x files into the "avc" folder.

When you boot up Vegas Movie Studio and go to the Render As window, they should be there under the Magix AVC/AAC templates.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom-por...ates.zip
File Size:1 KB

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:35 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DerTim97

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds