DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open

Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open was created by superguy

Posted 25 Sep 2021 11:54 #1
problem description 

application name:    sony application registration utility 
application version: version 12.0 (build 896) 64-bit
problem: unmanaged   exception (0xc0000005)
fault module:        c:\program files\sony\movie studio platinum 12.0\applicationregistration.exe
fault address:       0x00007FF60BCA6CB0
fault offset:        0x0000000000036CB0

fault process details

process path:         c:\program files\sony\movie studio platinum 12.0\applicationregistration.exe
process version:      version 12.0 (build 896) 64-bit
process description:  sony application registration utility
process image date:   2013-03-25  (mon mar 25) 15:23:04

windows specifications 

Edition     windows 10 home
version     21H1

camera 

sony camera  
HDR-CX625

youtube

5 symptoms of my problem 

ok basically iv used movie studio platinum 12 for i think 7 years and on rare occasion it would give this box thing
saying movie studio stopped working but that would be rare

but just the other day around 2 to 3 days ago i tried to click on the app on my computer and the problem report popped up and i just pressed 
send problem and tried to reopen movie studio platinum  12 again but it did the same thing over and over

i tried uninstalling it and installing it again but its just giving me the same problem the problem report box keeps popping and it shuts down

the thing is that it is working on my laptop but not my pc and my laptop is older then my pc

and thats basically it 

what do i do
Last Edit:25 Sep 2021 14:25 by superguy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open

Posted 25 Sep 2021 14:38 #2
Hi superguy

I guess you are the same person I was speaking to on Facebook.

The error report is telling us that something is wrong with the Registration Module - this is why the program won't open.
This is the part of the program that checks to see if you have a valid license.
I just re-installed Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 on my computer and it is still opening OK.

I can also see that you are not using the final build version that was released for this program.
The final build version was #1184

The first thing I recommend you do is this:
1. Un-install the program and re-boot your computer.
2. Go to this download page and enter the Serial Activation Key for MSP12 - then download the more up to date version of the program.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/
3. Install new program version
4. Does Movie Studio open now?

If the program still does not open, I recommend you do a deep removal of the program.
This will remove all traces of the program and give you a clean slate.
Afterwards, you can then re-install Movie Studio.

Let me know if you still have problems, and I'll give you instructions on how to do a deep removal of VMS.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open

Posted 25 Sep 2021 20:13 #3
You may remember that in the Movie Studio 12 Platinum last build 1184 Release Notes the only mention in "Notable fixes/changes in version 12.0 (Build 1183/1184)" was "
Added Simplified Chinese language support". Anyway, only build 896 is available to download from your MAGIX account or MAGIX Download Center.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2021 20:15 by vkmast

Replied by superguy on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open

Posted 26 Sep 2021 07:06 #4
iv tried everything uninstalling restarting rebooting 

i just dont know whats wrong 

i tried other software like vagas movie studio platinum 17 and that seems to work fine but movie studio 17 isnt doing it for me i just want to go back to movie 12

C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\pmropn64.exe

keeps popping up now

Posted 26 Sep 2021 12:06 #5
iv tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and it still wont work

i did exactly what you told me to do and it still wont work

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open

Posted 26 Sep 2021 14:31 #6
I recommend you do a deep removal of VMSP12.
Follow theses instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/570-clean-install-sony-vegas-windows-10

After you have done a deep removal of all program fragments, re-install from fresh download.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Sep 2021 14:32 by DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12 won't open

Posted 26 Sep 2021 17:56 #7
@superguy
Could it be that this is the case here: "after an unspecified number of installations on different or updated PCs you may need to  contact support  to reset your "installation count". You might also try Online Live Chat ("visit  www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/support/  between 12:00 and 4:00 Central (currently GMT-5) Monday through Friday and use the chat widget in the lower-right-hand corner to chat directly with a support rep.")
by vkmast

Posted 28 Sep 2021 11:19 #8
could you possibly make a video on how to do this and how to backup and restore everything please cause i dont want to screw anything up
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:42 by superguy

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.879 seconds