Question Is Movie Studio 17 Platinum Windows 11 compatible ?

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone, 
   My question is about the new Windows 11 update. I recently bought a new latest model Widows 10 HP Laptop and for my Video editing and my YouTube Channel. I'm being prompted that I can now upgrade my laptop to Windows 11. I know that Movie Studio 17 Platinum does not work well with Chrome and that Chrome blocks the auto updates of my Movie Studio software so now I'm also curious about the Windows 11 update causing problems as well. Has anyone used Windows 11 and Movie Studio 17 Platinum successfully ? Thanks to all in advance.
24 Oct 2021 14:15 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1495
Hi SnowOwl71

I strongly recommend you DON'T upgrade to Windows 11 !!!
Wait at least 12 months before considering the upgrade.
Windows 11 is a lot different to Windows 10 and most people are reporting that it has a lot of problems for now.
Over the next 12 months, most of the major BUGS will be fixed - after this you can consider the free upgrade.
There is no advantage getting Windows 11 for now.

Personally I am in no rush to upgrade to Windows 11 and will wait for at least 12 months.
Movie Studio 17 Platinum is now a retired program and was only developed to work with Windows 10.
Because it is a retired product, there will be no further updates to keep it compatible.

If you do upgrade to Windows 11 in the future, my advise would be to also upgrade to Vegas Pro 19, which IS compatible with Windows 11
You can buy the upgrade for Vegas Edit 19 for only $119 using the ad link at top of this page.
Vegas Edit 19 is the fully functioning base version of Vegas Pro 19, just by itself.
When you scroll to the bottom, press down arrow and you will find UPGRADE offer.

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SnowOwl71
24 Oct 2021 23:01 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.