Question Movie Studio 17 Platinum freezes on startup

• Thank you received: 0
Movie studio 17 platinum edition has stopped opening very recently. It just freezes and goes to the white screen saying "not responding" on the top left of the window, not allowing me to get into any of the settings to change anything. I've tried Movie Studio 16, and a trial of 19 - and they both work fine. A trial of the standard version of 17 also works fine, which is baffling me (I'm unable to use my product key for the platinum edition on the standard edition).

Anyone else have issues with this? It's worked fine up until the last month or so? It seems to freeze when the pop-up add for Movie Studio 18 appears. I've tried everything I can find in forums and YouTube. HELP!
27 Oct 2021 08:03 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1495
Hello sterees

You have posted 3 times in a row.
I did reply to one of your first attempts, but then found you left a more comprehensive message here.
I have deleted my first reply and your other messages, so I can answer here instead!

If you are getting an error message, tick the box that says something about "More Information", then copy and paste message into forum here.
Movie Studio Platinum 17 is still working OK on my own computer and I have the latest version of Windows 10 installed.
*Please note! DO NOT update to Windows 11, because Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 is NOT supported by Windows 11.

Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum is now a retired product.
I don't know why it is freezing for a small number of people, because it's working OK for me.
My guess is that a Windows 10 update may have caused problems for some people.
I have two recommendations for you:
1. Post your message on the official Vegas Forums here
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-movie-studio-forum/
2. Upgrade to Vegas Edit 19, which is the latest version of Vegas Pro just by itself.
Vegas Movie Studio owners can buy the upgrade for only $119 - it is the fully functioning version of Vegas Pro.
Press the advert at top of this page, then scroll to bottom and press drop down arrow in Vegas Edit Sales Box - this will reveal upgrade link.

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
27 Oct 2021 09:51 #2

• Thank you received: 0
Oh so sorry. I'm new to this and don't really know what I'm doing. So, if I upgrade to Vegas edit, it's the same interface as 17? I assume it has all the same things 17 has also?

I would.juat carry on using 16, but it's missing a few things I use etc. 
27 Oct 2021 15:20 #3

• Thank you received: 1495
Vegas Edit 19 is the professional version of Vegas Movie Studio, which means it has everything from VMS and much, much more.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
27 Oct 2021 18:33 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.