VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Matching color from two different cameras

Matching color from two different cameras was created by Drummerkat

Posted 19 Oct 2014 12:48 #1
I use a Canon G20 as my primary camera, and since I couldn't afford another one at this time, I'm using a Samsung HD F90 as my secondary camera. The Canon is a prosumer and does great in low light. The Samsung consumer is okay but definitely not as good as the Canon in low-light. When I put film clips into Vegas to edit, I need a way to make the Samsung footage, which picks up color differently, match with the Canon clips, which is very close to true color. Is there a function or effect I can use to quickly make the Samsung colors and lighting match the Canon color and lighting? I'm looking for something similar to a "color dropper" as we see on paintshop and photoshop programs where you can select a color and match it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by TreeTops on topic Matching color from two different cameras

Posted 21 Oct 2014 02:47 #2
Is this what you are looking for:

What's New
What's new in version 13.0
Video

Color Match allows you to automatically match the color between clips.
Last Edit:21 Oct 2014 02:48 by TreeTops
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drummerkat

Replied by Drummerkat on topic Matching color from two different cameras

Posted 21 Oct 2014 11:51 #3
I failed to mention that I use version 11. The color match in version 13 sounds like what I'm looking for...does it come in version 11?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Matching color from two different cameras

Posted 03 Nov 2014 19:50 #4
Hi Drummerkat

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.
I became completely overwhelmed with questions during the last couple of weeks and had to take a forced break to preserve my sanity.

I see that TreeTops has already helped you out.
Colour Match is only a new feature and is only available in Movie Studio Platinum 13 or Vegas Pro 13.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 01:02 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.758 seconds