VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Moive Studio 16 Not Rendering FX

Moive Studio 16 Not Rendering FX was created by not_so_new

Posted 15 Jan 2022 10:17 #1
Hi all

So the Magix forum keeps saying that it has an internal server error and I don't know where to turn to get support, hope someone here can help.

I am using Movie Studio 16 Platinum on a Windows 10 machine.  Most FX seem to work during a render but some are absolutely not working.  They show up completely fine in the edit / preview window in Movie Studio but they don't show up on the final render. 

I have been trying to fix this issue for a week and I am at my end here, any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Michael
Last Edit:15 Jan 2022 13:06 by not_so_new

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Moive Studio 16 Not Rendering FX

Posted 15 Jan 2022 13:14 #2
Hi Michael

Which Magix forum are you talking about ?
Please provide direct link, so I can check it myself.

Which exact Video FX are not working ?
Please send a list of the exact FX you are talking about.

If they are Third Party FX like NewBlue or Boris, that may explain the cause of the problem.
A few years ago, there was a major upgrade in Vegas for how 3rd party Video FX work in the program.
After the upgrade in Vegas was done, older 3rd party video FX would not work anymore and require new updated versions direct from places like NewBlue and Boris.

The other possible reason could be a problem with the Graphics Card and/or Graphics Drivers installed on your computer.
Most Video FX in Vegas are GPU accelerated now.
If your GPU is really, really old, it won't be able to process the Video FX properly.

Which model CPU do you own ?
Which model Graphics Card do you own ?

If you don't know what model CPU and GPU your computer has, do this:
Type "dxdiag" into the Windows search box next to Windows Start button and select dxdiag from results.
System tab will show CPU model.
Go to Display 1 to find GPU model.
Also go to Display 2 - if it says something different, please report that back to me as well.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by not_so_new on topic Moive Studio 16 Not Rendering FX

Posted 16 Jan 2022 03:49 #3
Hi Derek

Thanks for the reply.... 

The site/page that I keep getting the "internal server error" is  www.magix.info/us/sign-in-register/   

I can't seem to find any support at all from anyone.  For the record, I am not a huge fan of Magix in general, everything they do is really confusing and in many cases it seems to be done intentionally so as to trick consumers into buying more products.  I am at my wits end trying to find a way to get help (so glad I found this great site!).

Anyway

Yes, the actual plug in not working is Boris FX Rays - Radiant Edges.... but all my other Boris FX seem to be rendering just fine.  And the Radiant Edges effect is showing up completely fine in the preview window as well.  Seems odd to me, like either the FX wouldn't work at all or it would just render like the preview.  I am going to check with them about an upgrade but I have been using these FX for years without any problems at all.

I am running an Intel i7-8700k (3.7 GHz) with onboard GPU UHD-630, not the best GPU I suppose but the CPU has more than enough horsepower to handle this video (again, it's been fine with many other videos over the last few years).  The machine also has 32 GB and SSD storage. 

Device 2 in the dxdiag is a Trigger 6 External Graphics driver.  I just realized that this could be the issue I suppose.  I added a smaller second monitor a few months back and I installed a new driver for a USB to HDMI converter.  That said, when I do the render I am choosing the UHD graphics card so not sure if the Trigger 6 driver makes a difference?

Any ideas on what to try next (other than upgrading Boris FX and maybe disabling the Trigger 6 driver)?

And thanks again for your help!

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Moive Studio 16 Not Rendering FX

Posted 18 Jan 2022 11:23 #4
The official support forums for Vegas are located here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/
This is the No.1 Vegas forum on the internet. I am also a member on that forum as well.

The Magix forum is for Magix products only, not Vegas. Their server was probably down when you tried to join. It's working 100% right now.

Most likely your problem is being caused by the Intel graphics solution you are using.
Intel graphics is not the best option. Professional Video FX like BorisFX, need a dedicated Nvidia or AMD Radeon GPU to work properly.
Nvidia is the best and supports ALL major Video FX software applications.

Trigger 6 is not a Graphics Card - it has no ability to process software Video FX.

You really need to add a dedicated graphics card to your computer, to get everything working properly.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:56 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds