VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved A Stock video resource

A Stock video resource was created by Brett_H

Posted 20 Jan 2022 05:11 #1
Hello, I am looking for stock video to put into a series of corporate cllient business videos.  I am prepared to purchase the videos (royalty free) Hoping someone has crossed this bridge already.   My old stock video source has been sold to a new company that I am not happy with.
Last Edit:20 Jan 2022 14:49 by Brett_H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic A Stock video resource

Posted 20 Jan 2022 15:01 #2
There are many different websites that offer Royalty Free video now - too many to mention.
A Google search will show the options.

The company that I personally use to use is Storyblocks.
www.storyblocks.com/pricing?site=video

However, there is a new option that you may not have thought of.
With the launch of Vegas Pro 19, Vegas now offers subscription versions of the program.
The "365" versions of Vegas Pro, come with access to the Storyblocks library of videos.
The 365 versions give you 12 months access before you need to re-new and access to latest versions of the program.
Subscribe to Vegas Pro 365 and you can download any video up to HD 1080p quality from the Storyblocks library.
Subscribe to Vegas Post 365 and you can download any video up to 4K quality from the Storyblocks library.

You access the Royalty Free Library from inside of Vegas Pro, via the Vegas Hub login.

Go to this link on my website and you can see a full breakdown of what is included.
Press Get Deal buttons to go directly to Vegas website for more info.
365 subscriptions are on sale right now!
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Jan 2022 15:01 by DoctorZen

Replied by Brett_H on topic A Stock video resource

Posted 20 Jan 2022 15:55 #3
Thanks Derek I'll have a look at storyblocks.  I appreciate the google suggestion but I like to get recomendations from people who use the products, sometimes google leads you down a rabbit hole of choices.  Also, I am using movie studio platinum 16 and was hoping to upgrade to vegas pro (non subscription) as I am not a frequent user. What do you suggest.

Cheers
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:55 by Brett_H

Replied by Blaze on topic A Stock video resource

Posted 16 Apr 2022 02:08 #4
Pond 5 and Adobe Stock are good options for stock footage.
by Blaze

Posted 20 Apr 2022 04:23 #5
Hi Derek, I am thinking of  subscribing to  Vegas Post 365  and  download videos up to 4K quality from the Storyblocks library.   Will this affect my non-subscription Vegas Pro 19 recent purchase, I don't really need the program with all the bells and whistles and new features so would like to stay away from subscription model?  In truth, I would use the Vegas Post subscription mostly to amass a 4k library of stock footage.  I haven't used 4k video before and have a very basic question.  Is it possible to "downgrade" the 4k version of footage to 1080p, or would I have to download both 4k and 1080p versions of stock footage?
by Brett_H

Replied by DoctorZen on topic A Stock video resource

Posted 20 Apr 2022 14:06 #6

Hi Derek, I am thinking of  subscribing to  Vegas Post 365  and  download videos up to 4K quality from the Storyblocks library.   Will this affect my non-subscription Vegas Pro 19 recent purchase, I don't really need the program with all the bells and whistles and new features so would like to stay away from subscription model?  In truth, I would use the Vegas Post subscription mostly to amass a 4k library of stock footage.  I haven't used 4k video before and have a very basic question.  Is it possible to "downgrade" the 4k version of footage to 1080p, or would I have to download both 4k and 1080p versions of stock footage?
Important: Vegas Post 365 special discount is meant to end in just over 24 hours.
It is only 17.99 per month ($216 for 12 months).

It's all about the License Keys.
If you subscribed to Vegas Post 365 for 12 months, you will first have to deactivate your Vegas Pro 19 License Key - there is no problem in doing that.
You can deactivate license keys inside of Vegas Pro or from inside your Magix account.
Inside of Vegas Pro, go to Help / Deactivate the Software on this PC
Probably a good idea to re-boot your computer after this and/or wait about 5 minutes, to make sure Magix servers have accepted the change.
To be on the safe side, I would also recommend uninstalling Vegas Pro 19.
Then run the installer file for Vegas Post 365
This will install Vegas Pro, Vegas Effects and Vegas Image
After everything is installed, open Vegas Pro and the activation window should appear - now enter your Vegas Post 365 license key.
When you open Vegas Effects and Vegas Image, they should automatically be activated.

Make sure to enter a note in your Diary to unsubscribe from Vegas Post 365 in 11 months time, so it does not automatically re-subscribe you for another 12 months.

When the 12 months is up, uninstall Vegas Effects and Vegas Image.
Then enter your original License Key for Vegas Pro 19 - then you can use Vegas Pro 19 for as long as you like.

Storyblocks 1080p and 4K Video
I haven't had a good look around on Storyblocks for 2 years, so I'm not sure just how much 4K video is on that service now.
Traditionally the majority of video was 1080p quality, however 4K is very popular now.

You don't have to download both 1080p and 4K versions.

Yes you can download 4K video and use it in a 1080p project - however, you will need a good computer to edit with 4K video.
If you only have a basic computer, it will struggle to process 4K video while editing.

Another thing to note is you will need plenty of Hard Drive space!
Many Storyblocks video files use professional grade compression (higher quality), which = very large file sizes.
Downloading lots of 4K videos will fill up your Hard Drive/s fast.
If you do plan to download a lot of stock footage, you may need to consider investing in a new large capacity Hard Drive.

Recently on my own computer I have begun running out of Hard Drive space again!
You can buy up to 8TB Hard Drives for a reasonable price, but once you go 10TB or higher, the price increases a lot.
Examples:
Seagate Barracuda 8TB is inexpensive, but it is only 5400 rpm - too slow for 4K Video editing.
Seagate Firecuda 8TB costs a lot more, but is a 7200 rpm drive - better for 4K video.
More expensive drives also come with much longer warranties, so if the drive fails you get a replacement inside of extended warranty time.
On my system I have a mixture.
I have a Western Digital Black 10TB (7200rpm) for my most used files.
Recently I found a good deal online for some Seagate BarraCuda Pro 12TB 7200 RPM - I'm going to use these drives to store my large Video Library.

Final note, External Hard Drives are never as fast as Internal Hard Drives, unless they use a Thunderbolt or USB C connection.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Apr 2022 14:10 by DoctorZen

Posted 20 Apr 2022 23:59 #7
Great information, that's really helpful.  My pc would need to be upgraded, and storage is inadequate as I have already run into full disk problems rendering Cineform codex.  Your answer gives me an idea of storage sizes that I should be thinking about.  I have started to replace my 7200 HDD drives with SSD drives.  The Solid State Drives (SSD) are really faster than HDD and nvme sticks even better, I understand.  Thanks again.
by Brett_H

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.747 seconds