VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas crashing when importing big files it had no problem importing before

• Kawee
  • Kawee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Just created an account here to ask this question: I'm trying to import a 2.4 GB .mp4 file only to have vegas load it to 1% and then crash immediately afterward. It seems it's started doing this with any file that's bigger than about 1-2 GB (?). Anything less than that imports fine. But I don't know why bigger files aren't importing all of a sudden; I've used that exact 2.4 GB file before with no problem. 

Anyone know what's going on?
Last Edit:21 Jan 2022 14:30 by Kawee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Kawee

Which exact version of Vegas are you using ?
Which build version do you have installed ?
Open Vegas and go to Help/About to find build version.

What type of video file did you try to import ?
Please install a free app called MediaInfo and then inspect your file with it, and upload the report to the forum.
mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
This will tell us everything about the file you are using and help rule out know problem file types.
I have easy instructions for how to use MediaInfo here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/640-how-to-use-mediainfo-app

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawee

• Kawee
  • Kawee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Ugh, turns out I'm just dumb and didn't know I had different versions of the same files. All the files I was trying to import were the wrong formats. False alarm, thank you for trying to help though!
by Kawee
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Cool 
I'm glad you worked it out !
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:55 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds