VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Media Generated Text not displaying on MSP13

• Andy
  • Andy's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 4

Media Generated Text not displaying on MSP13 was created by Andy

Posted 21 Jan 2022 07:09 #1
Having a problem w/ MSP13 (I know, an oldie, but it works for what I'm doing).  When inserting Text Media on a new project, the text won't display, or might display for 1 sec only.  I have 3 text clips: the first one plays fine, the second for a sec (even though it's a 5 sec event), and the 3d nothing. All 3 events have the same settings, the default values except the actual text & font. I've tried deleting and re-adding, copying the working event and editing, clearing the cache at startup (per your instructions). On other projects the text works fine and can add new ones w/o any problem.   Something about this particular project....
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:54 by Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Media Generated Text not displaying on MSP13

Posted 21 Jan 2022 15:28 #2
It sounds like your .vf project file may have become corrupted.
This can happen from time to time.

If you can start a new test project and insert the same text, and it works OK, that would definitely indicate your original project has become corrupted.

The best way to try and fix corrupted .vf project files, is to copy the contents into a brand new project file.

1. Re-boot your computer.
2. Open problem project.

Before you proceed, do you have your Windows tabs at bottom set to combine or not ?
I recommend you turn combing OFF, before you proceed.
Right-click Windows Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
Scroll down and make sure Combine taskbar buttons is set to NEVER.

3. Go to Windows Desktop and open VMS a second time.
You will now see 2x separate tabs on the Windows taskbar.

4. Go to problem project. Start on first video track and copy everything you see - but make sure to NOT copy any of the Media Events that are not working.
You can hold down the CTRL key and select what you want to copy, then right-click on highlighted area and select Copy.

5. Now go to second VMS tab and Paste into new project.
P.S. Make sure to set your Project Properties to match this original project.

6. Go back to original project and copy 2nd video track, then paste into new project.
Repeat process until everything has been copied.
Remember to save new project version using Save As and using a new file name, so that you don't get old and new versions mixed up.

7. Finally, you can add new Text Media Events from scratch - just DON'T copy any of the faulty versions.

Does this fix your problem ?

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Jan 2022 15:30 by DoctorZen

• Andy
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Andy on topic Media Generated Text not displaying on MSP13

Posted 22 Jan 2022 03:04 #3
A new project had no problem. 

However, for my purpose, re-creating the corrupted project would not be worth the effort. I've already spent several days cutting down 3.5 hours of raw (orig analog) video to 20 min - I can see how MSP might become mixed up with all the edits!  The text would be nice to have but for my tiny audience of a few family members, not worth it.  Thanks for your recomendations, tho!
by Andy

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Media Generated Text not displaying on MSP13

Posted 23 Jan 2022 11:23 #4
Maybe you did not understand what I was saying ?
It only takes a few minutes to copy what is on the TIMELINE into a new project file.
When you copy and paste like I instructed, ALL your edits and FX are copied into the new project file !
You don't have to re-edit anything.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy

• Andy
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 24 Jan 2022 09:50 #5
Yes, I misunderstood. However, since the video is about 50 segments, I having trouble selecting the whole video track - tried various Windows key combo (ctrl+shift+end, ...home etc) but haven't found a combo that works. Definately didn't work when using Select All even after deleting the problem track; copied to new project but problem still occurs. I'll try s'more in the AM. Thanks
by Andy

• Andy
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 25 Jan 2022 04:08 #6
Success!  I was able to copy whole tracks by using Shift+drag - I wasn't in the correct area of the event previously. Once i was able to copy the tracks to the new project, Text worked correctly. (altho the Markers didn't copy, they're easy enuf to recreate)   Thanks!
by Andy

• Andy
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 25 Jan 2022 05:36 #7
It appears that the issue may have been having the Text on Track 4!  The new project that I created and copied the tracks into defaults the Text to Track 1. That all worked fine but when I dragged the text track to the bottom for easier editing (Track 4, after Video, Audio, & Music) the old problem restarted. When I move Text back to Track 1, all was OK.  Wierd!
by Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.781 seconds