VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Bringing MP4 Video clips into Vegas movie studio HD Platinum 10.0

• bmarak
  • bmarak's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I have downloaded video of my son's football games in MP4 format from the internet site the games were posted to. I am trying to make a highlight video. However, I cannot drag the video into the timeline, nor does it let me bring any video from the zip folders that the MP4 films are located. I am able to watch the video on Windows Media Player, so I know the video has been downloaded onto my hard drive. Any suggestions of what needs changed to import these MP4 videos into the timeline?
by bmarak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi there

Make sure to un-zip any video files before trying to import.

Which website did you download the videos from ?
Can you supply a direct link please ?

A lot of video on the Internet is in Flash Video Format, which cannot be imported into video editing programs. You will need to convert it first before importing.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• bmarak
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by bmarak on topic Bringing MP4 Video clips into Vegas movie studio HD Platinum 10.0

Posted 29 Oct 2014 13:46 #3
If I open the zip file, it is shown as MP4 file, and that is what I was trying to drag to the timeline. The folder is zipped, but if I go into the folder the individual file is listed as MP4 Video. It was from hudl, a coaches and player website that you have to have a username and password. This is a link, but not sure you can get to it without username and password.

www.hudl.com/dashboard/6664

I could attach the video clip MP4 if that would be of help. This is the file name listed under the video file properties: SHHS vs SSHS 9-5-2014 (905344).mp4

I could re-download all the video in wma format, but that takes quite a bit longer. If that works better than MP4, then I will start from scratch.

Thanks for your help,
Barb
by bmarak

• bmarak
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by bmarak on topic Bringing MP4 Video clips into Vegas movie studio HD Platinum 10.0

Posted 29 Oct 2014 13:57 #4
I decided to copy the mp4 file and paste it in a different folder. For whatever reason, I was actually able to drag it onto the timeline from this new place of the same video file. Maybe this is how it actually became "un-zipped."

Thank you for your help!
Barb
by bmarak

When you have a ZIPPED folder, you must un-zip the actual folder first before trying to use any of the files inside of it.
Yes the files may work without un-zipping them inside Windows, however for proper use they must always be un-zipped.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 01:03 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.743 seconds