VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Movie Studio Platinum 16 Keeps Freezing when I select a Sound FX plugin

• mikgee
  • mikgee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Ive used movie studio Platinum 16 with no problems for years and I went to use it two days ago and any time I selected a sound fx plugin, it would freeze solid. I tried everything, deleted the program and all its attached files and registry, and still the same problem. Reinstalled three times but still no fix. Then I thought - what has changed on my PC soundwise? I had updated my audio interface two months ago (to a new Presonus 68c) and when I opened up Movie studio to do some work I immediately went to prefs and selected the interfaces USB driver. As Vegas Movie Studio Platinum was olds as and pre Win 10, I went back to the prefs and selected Microsoft mapper (???), and bingo, all crashing stopped and she back to being the tight little workhorse it has always been.
Wasted two days chasing this down but it does illustrate how older programs may not function properly in a Win 10 world.

Last Edit:21 Feb 2022 16:29 by mikgee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi mikgee

I have moved your new message into it's own forum thread, because your problem is different to that other user.

Thanks for posting your problem and the solution that worked for you.
I'm sure it will help someone else in the future when another user searches for this problem on Google.
A lot of my forum traffic comes from people searching for solutions to annoying problems.

Over the many years I have been using Vegas, I have personally found that setting the Audio Device Type = Windows Classic Wave Driver, normally fixes most audio compatibility problems.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

As Vegas Movie Studio Platinum was olds as and pre Win 10

Mikgee - But you state you have VMS16.  That's not pre Win 10.  You probably need to go back to VMS11 before it's pre Win 10?

Do you really mean you are now using Win 11, not 10?
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.277 seconds