VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Speeding up and slowing down clips

Speeding up and slowing down clips was created by SnowOwl71

Posted 26 Mar 2022 15:42 #1
Hi Everyone. 
I'm having a problem finding which YouTube video of Steve's to watch so I can learn how to speed up sections of video. I use Movie Studio Platinum 17 and usually use the guided editing option. I really want to get better with the quality of my editing but I'm easily overwhelmed with all the options to choose from. Heck, to be honest my editing really does suck. I really need help. Thanks in advance to those who respond.  
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 12:11 by SnowOwl71

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Speeding up and slowing down clips

Posted 27 Mar 2022 10:31 #2
Hi Snow Owl

I'm not sure who Steve is ? Steve Grisetti ?
My name is Derek - I'm the owner and creator of all Movie Studio Zen tutorials.

If you upgraded to VEGAS Pro, it has a specialized tool called a Velocity Envelope, which does not require splitting a video into sections.
The Velocity Envelope allows you to continually change the playback speed over time.
To activate, right-click video and go to Insert/Remove Envelope - Velocity
You can upgrade to VEGAS Edit 19 for only $89 right now - this is the full version of Vegas Pro 19, just by itself.
Use advert at top of this page to access special offer - it ends soon.

There is only one way you can slow down videos in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17
Hold down the CTRL key and drag end of video to right or left.
You can also right-click a video, go to Properties and change the Playback Rate.

1. To change the speed of sections, you will need to place a cut (S for Split) on either side of the section you want to change.
Example: One video cut into three sections.
Section #1 - Plays back at normal speed
Section #2 - Change playback speed
Section #3 - Plays back at normal speed

2. Drag Section #3 (that will play at normal speed) way to the right - this is just temporary.

3. Go back to Section #2 - hold down the CTRL key and drag right edge to right or left - playback speed percentage will appear below in the Audio Track.

4. Now drag Section #3 back to meet Section #2 - as long as video sections are "butted up" against each other, it will play like one video.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Mar 2022 10:33 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds