VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Splitting a chaptered project

Splitting a chaptered project was created by Lordyfan

Posted 11 May 2022 19:21 #1
Hi Derek and All,

I have chaptered a bluray concert and when rendered in the make movie [Movie Studio 17 Platinum] Then manually imported to DVDA [as you advised] It comes out at 40gb...Is there a way of splitting this at a particular chapter point WITHOUT having to delete after that point and making a seperate project for the second part?....Thank you in advance

Paul Bush
Last Edit:15 May 2022 19:20 by Lordyfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Splitting a chaptered project

Posted 15 May 2022 19:28 #2
Hi Paul

What size Writable Blu-ray discs did you buy ?
25GB or 50GB ?
If you bought 50GB dual layer discs, your 40GB project should fit onto one disc.

I don't really understand your question?
If you are only using 25GB discs, you will have to split the project into 2 halves.
OR
You could use Custom Bit Rates and compress the entire video, so that it's total size is less than 25GBs.

There is an online Disc Calculator you can use, which will tell you what Bit Rates to render your video with here:
dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php
If you decide on this option, you'll probably need help in how to use it.
Let me know and I'll upload a screen shot of the settings to use.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds