VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Which version of Vegas Movie Studio is best suited for Windows 11?

• sansa
  • sansa's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have had Movie Studio Platinum 16 and have just bought a new desktop with Windows 11. 

I have heard the updates of Movie Studio are not ideal and wondering if I can still use movie studio platinum 16 or if I need to move on to something like VEGAS Edit?

Thanks

Sansa
Last Edit:19 May 2022 15:59 by sansa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Sansa

No current versions of VEGAS (and older versions) are technically supported by Windows 11 yet.
Only Windows 10 is officially supported by the current versions of Vegas, which includes Vegas Edit 19, Vegas Pro 19 and Vegas Post 19.
However, most people on Windows 11 have found that Vegas Pro 19 is working 100% OK - I can verify this is true.
Vegas Pro 19 is working 100% OK on Windows 11 on my own computer and everyone else I talk to.
Some older versions are working as well, however there are some bugs with older versions of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum that are being caused by latest updates to Windows 10 and Windows 11 - these will never be fixed.

As you probably already know, "Vegas Movie Studio" has been retired by Magix (happened last year) and replaced with a completely different program that has nothing to do with VEGAS.

Most Vegas Movie Studio users who love using Vegas, are upgrading to Vegas Edit 19, which is the full version of Vegas Pro, just by itself.
Now is the best time to upgrade, because it only costs $70.99 for the upgrade to Vegas Edit 19 and you also get proDAD VitaScene V4 PRO ($699 value) (Transitions and FX package).

Here is a direct link to upgrade deals:
zen3.me/us-vegas-upgrades

If you live in a EU country, use this link instead:
zen3.me/eu-vegas-upgrades

If you live in the UK, use this link:
zen3.me/uk-vegas-upgrades

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 May 2022 16:16 by DoctorZen

Hi Derek

Hope you're well.

It looks like I may have stepped in it,

I've been Sony user since 2007 and just kept updating as I could.

Last week I updated my 9 year old Thinkpad for a rocking new Lenovo X1 they had on for 70% off - really sweet.   BUT I didn't come here first and it's running Windows 11.

Can you tell me:

1.  Is the Vegas Edit 19 you speak of similar in terms of user interface ?   I'm not sure I can handle a steep learning curve.

2. Is it a decent and reliable platform for editing ?

3. Do I buy it through Magix as well ?

4. Are there still deals I can get ????

As always  .... Cheers 

Dave

Dave Chomitz

VanOfAction.com
Last Edit:09 Aug 2023 14:01 by Van Of Action .com

1.  Is the Vegas Edit 19 you speak of similar in terms of user interface ?   I'm not sure I can handle a steep learning curve.

2. Is it a decent and reliable platform for editing ?

3. Do I buy it through Magix as well ?

4. Are there still deals I can get ????

1. The current version of VEGAS Edit is VEGAS Edit 20.
Most likely, VEGAS Edit 21 will be released before the end of August 2023.
VEGAS Movie Studio was the little brother of VEGAS Pro, so the basic layout and functions are similar/the same.
The main difference is just many more functions in VEGAS Pro.
VEGAS Pro has undergone a major upgrade since MAGIX took over, which means on the surface VEGAS Pro may seem overwhelming compared to VEGAS Movie Studio, however I wouldn't let that worry you. I will be posting lots of new content very soon, to help users like yourself.

2. No Video Editing program is perfect. They all have their "quirks".
Most people find VEGAS Pro is very stable now, including myself. I wouldn't be still using VEGAS Pro if it was crap and plagued with a large amount of problems. It's still far easier to use, compared to other similar programs on the market.

3. MAGIX owns VEGAS Pro now, but VEGAS Pro still has it's own website at www.vegascreativesoftware.com

4. Since VEGAS Pro 21 is about to be released, there is an excellent upgrade offer to buy VEGAS Edit 20 for anyone who owns an older version of VEGAS Pro or VEGAS Movie Studio.
If you own a license key for an older version of VEGAS Movie Studio, you should qualify for the upgrade offer.
Press the Advert at the top of this page.
If you do qualify, you can upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20 for only $59 right now, which is the bargain of the century.
VEGAS Edit 20 is the full version of Vegas Pro, just by itself.
More expensive versions come with extra programs/apps.

If you start the sales process, it will ask you to login to your MAGIX account or Create a New Magix account and provide your VEGAS Movie Studio License Key for validation.
You can abort the sale at any time, if required.

VEGAS Edit 20 is already full of many features.
I do not expect VEGAS Edit 21 to be dramatically different when it is released soon.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Aug 2023 14:23 by DoctorZen

Derek !!

Thanks for such a quick and complete response.

I made the $ 59.00 purchase for new install and now have to start figuring things out - this is probably for the better but still a pain.

I'll start trolling your library and will be looking forward to new tutorials - like best rendering set up for both horizontal and vertical videos.

Be well my friend,  you are a tremendous asset.

Cheers
Dave Chomitz

VanOfAction.com

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.799 seconds