VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Burning Issue

Burning Issue was created by silver7merc

Posted 02 Nov 2014 11:44 #1
I have a Sony HVR-Z1E camcorder and I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 editing software. I use a firewire lead to record footage from the minidv tape to the editing software. I have tried the 'Capture Video' using the DV mode and the HDV mode I edit the project as I like and then try to get it onto a disc - this is where the problem starts. I have tried the Burn to a Disc - it starts to go through all the processes of burning to a disc and then right at the end it says'Unknown error - 8004000h' so I don't know what's wrong. I have also tried rendering the video and saving it to the hard drive - I have done it in lots of modes, checking it doesn't go over the 4.5GB disc limit - when I try putting the rendered video onto a blank disc - it does the same thing, right at the end it says unknown error.

I believe the problem is that it is in HD as I have used my whole setup for lesser quality videos and they all work fine. So its not the laptop, burner, discs or editing software that is the problem - so it has to be due the video being in HD.

I understand that HD is coded slightly differently - so I have tried my using software that recodes videos - I got it somehow to burn successfully onto a disc but it only seems to work in laptops - when I tried in a DVD player it said unknown disc.

I don't think that I should even have to use any other software to get it burned onto a disc, so if you have understood my problem could you explain to me what I need to do or where I am going wrong?

Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Burning Issue

Posted 03 Nov 2014 18:44 #2
Hi there

So lets break it down into simple points.

I will assume you have successfully transferred the video from mini dv tape into Movie Studio Platinum.
If you recorded the original video to HD 1080i settings, you should be capturing the video with HDV settings in Movie Studio Platinum and never just the DV mode (this is for Standard Definition video).

It does not matter whether the original video is HD or SD.

What is the total length in time of the video you want to burn to DVD ? This is the most important question to ask. Your answer will change the advise I would give.
Sometimes people assume that just because the original video was a particular file size, it should behave the same way when burnt to a DVD. This is not true. Your original video may be 3GBs, but once it is rendered to MPEG2 for DVD it may become a totally different file size and end up being too big for a single layer DVD.

If you are having trouble using the simple Burn to Disc function in Movie Studio Platinum, I suggest you use a different method and then import the video into DVD Architect and burn the disc using this program.
Follow this tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum

If your rendered video ends up being over 4.5GBs, then you need to use a different method and render using Custom Bit Rates.
Follow this tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/493-how-to-compress-a-long-video-onto-a-dvd

Finally, there could also be something totally different going on which requires further investigation.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by silver7merc on topic Burning Issue

Posted 04 Nov 2014 09:49 #3
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to get about an hour and half onto the disc.

I have tried rendering videos at a few minutes and Sony Movie studio tells me that the finished thing would be no more than a couple of hundred megabytes.

I think that the problem may lie with how the footage is recorded onto the software, that I am not not doing something simply - but not sure. I was thinking I should be doing something at the initial setup of the project when it asks whether to open recent project or NEW - should I select HDV or DVD - what would be the best? or does this entirely matter would it effect anything?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

Posted 05 Nov 2014 22:57 #4
Have you watched/read any of my tutorials yet?
I gave you a link for the tutorial that would help you the most:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum

In this tutorial I show how to set up new projects.
When starting a new project, select start a new project...... All this info is in my tutorial.

A 90 minute video may have problems fitting on a single layer 4.7GB disc - it may go slightly over.
In which case you need to render with Custom Bit Rates, as I have already stated in my first reply to you.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/493-how-to-compress-a-long-video-onto-a-dvd
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by silver7merc on topic Burning Issue

Posted 07 Nov 2014 07:52 #5
Hi,

I have watched your video on how to burn to a disc through dvd architect and i did try it but i still got the unknown error, also i have tried burning a disc with a few minutes so it cannot be the length of the project.

I have attached a file showing that when you import a video into the timeline your video has the setting 1920x1080 - but my videos have the settings video: 1440x1080x12, 25.000 fps, Alpha = None, Field = Upper field first, MPEG-2 (Also: Audio: 48,000 Hz, MPEG Layer 2) - so could this be the problem that it will not go on to a disc. I have changed the video properties of the project to HD 1080-50i (1920x1080, 25.000 fps), but when i right click the video it still has the same 1440x1080.

If it is the problem how do I convert it or is there a way in which when recording it to movie studio studio you can set it?

Thanks,

Posted 07 Nov 2014 23:16 #6
Your original video's properties should not have any negative effects on creating DVDs.
This is not your problem.
Most video cameras have the option of recording to 1920x1080 or 1440x1080.
If given the choice I would always Full HD 1920x1080, however it does not matter if you do use 1440x1080.

I am starting to suspect that your actual problem may have something to do with the Drivers/Firmware for your DVD Burner and/or the type of blank DVDs you are using.
Go to Windows Control Panel - Device Manager
Open DVD/CD-ROM Drives
What model does it say ?

What type of computer are you using ?
Laptop or Desktop ?
How old is it ?
Operating System ?

Just in case there is something I have never heard of before, have you tried making a DVD that uses a video that does not come from MiniDV Tape ?

I am really out of ideas.
I suggest you post your problem on the Sony Creative Software DVD Architect Forum .
Search this forum as well.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 01:00 by DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Burning Issue

Posted 26 Feb 2015 06:30 #7
Hi,
I have occasionally ran into a similar situation when trying to burn in DVD Architect Pro or Studio, where it won't burn to a folder or even a drive. What I have found is if you use a different folder for the files then what the program lists, if there are any spaces between words, such as:

"R:\Render\Projects\My Discs", I have found that renaming the folder minus the space or substituting with an underscore:

"R:\Render\Projects\MyDiscs" or "R:\Render\Projects\My_Discs" seems to fix the problem.

For in Vegas Pro or Movie Studio, I'll let the Doctor try to figure that out! Heh, Heh!
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.961 seconds