VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question How to remove wires from showing in a video

How to remove wires from showing in a video was created by thefunbeach

Posted 21 Jun 2022 13:03 #1
If I were to record a video with the view in the attached photo, how hard would it be to remove the wires using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15.0 ?
Last Edit:22 Jun 2022 13:10 by thefunbeach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic How to remove wires from showing in a video

Posted 21 Jun 2022 19:28 #2
There's no image attached?
Last Edit:22 Jun 2022 13:11 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to remove wires from showing in a video

Posted 22 Jun 2022 13:23 #3
I second Eric's comment - you haven't uploaded an image.
Press the Attachment button when posting a message, then select your image.

You would need to use a professional third party plugin to remove wires from a video.
BorisFX makes a plugin called Wire Remover and it is part of their Image Restoration Unit.
Here is an FAQ that shows how it works:
borisfx.com/documentation/continuum/bcc-wire-remover/#:~:text=BCC%20Wire%20Remover%20removes%20wires,or%20objects%20prior%20to%20keying .

You will also probably have to upgrade to VEGAS Edit 19, for this to work.
There was a major update for how 3rd Party FX work in VEGAS Pro a few years ago, which means new FX will not work in older versions of Vegas Pro.

The BorisFX Image Restoration Unit costs $299 by itself, however this is an expensive way to get this effect and I don't recommend this option.
borisfx.com/products/continuum-units/image-restoration/?collection=continuum-units&product=continuum-units-image-restoration

The best way to go is to get the complete BorisFX Continuum Suite of Video FX - this includes all Continuum Units they make.
The cheapest way to access this is via one of their new Subscription plans.
$25 per month for everything OR $195 for 12 months.
The Host Option that works with Vegas Pro (Edit) 19 is the OFX version.
borisfx.com/products/continuum/?collection=continuum&product=continuum

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by thefunbeach on topic How to remove wires from showing in a video

Posted 28 Jun 2022 13:42 #4
Sorry, forum software had an issue with the photo file type.  My bad.  I thought I attached the photo.  Here it is. I take it from the replies that I would need to update my version of Vegas Movie studio and get BCC Wire Remover as well.  Now that you see the image, is this still the only option?  Thanx for the help !!

Attachments:

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to remove wires from showing in a video

Posted 28 Jun 2022 14:13 #5

Sorry, forum software had an issue with the photo file type.  My bad.  I thought I attached the photo.  Here it is. I take it from the replies that I would need to update my version of Vegas Movie studio and get BCC Wire Remover as well.  Now that you see the image, is this still the only option?  Thanx for the help !!

Wire Removal is an advanced topic.
Yes, you would need to upgrade to VEGAS Edit 19 and use BCC Wire Remover.

As I already explained, the cheapest way to access BorisFX is to actually get their full suite of Continuum FX.
I appreciate that this requires significant investment.
If it's a one off project, you could subscribed to the Continuum Suite for just one month.
BorisFX also does BIG promotions a few times every year, where they offer discounts ranging from 25% - 50%.
If you subscribe to their Newsletter, you will be notified of all promotions.

As for Vegas Pro, you can upgrade to VEGAS Edit 19 for $89 right now, using the Ad at top of this page.
VEGAS Edit 19 is the full version of Vegas Pro, just by itself.
At the moment you also get 2x BorisFX Units for free with the upgrade.
Unfortunately these 2x FX Units are not the ones you need to access Wire Removal. Each month the bonuses that come with Vegas Pro upgrades change. In the past, they have offer the Image Restoration Unit, which is the one you need.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds