VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Downloading YouTube video

Downloading YouTube video was created by larrymgibson

Posted 09 Nov 2014 11:30 #1
A client shot video of their son playing at a high school concert. She used an iPhone and somehow did not get audio. Her friend shot it on an iPad and loaded it to YouTube (with her son in frame, of course) I am trying to capture the video from YouTube (for the audio portion) and none of the recommended procedures work. I have seen the 2 videos about this subject using Real Player and I also tried the free download program Derek suggested.

I know the work arounds, such as recording the audio directly as the video is being played on YouTube, and getting the other person's original files and will use them if necessary; but I know this will come up again.

Anybody have a way that works in November 2014?

Thanks - Larry Gibson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Downloading YouTube video

Posted 10 Nov 2014 22:01 #2
Use Any Video Converter Free Edition - this will definitely work.
www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Copy the URL address for the YouTube video.
Open Any Video Converter and press Add URLs button.
Press green + button
Copy URL and Start Download

The video must be available in 720p format for this to work easily.
This will download an MP4 which can be imported directly into Movie Studio.
If the YouTube video is only available in 480p or 360p, you will have to convert the video first.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:59 by DoctorZen

Replied by GM1968 on topic Downloading YouTube video

Posted 19 Nov 2014 00:24 #3
Hello,

A little late ... I use firefox and a very powerful plugin:https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/?src=api

Gabriel
by GM1968
The following user(s) said Thank You: larrymgibson

Replied by larrymgibson on topic Downloading YouTube video

Posted 20 Nov 2014 01:26 #4
Thanks to replies. Every time I download a "free" program, I get all kinds of things I don't want even though I'm careful to uncheck most options. I'd rather pay $29.99 for something that works

I did solve the problem by recording the audio of the YouTube video directly to my CD recorder and then capture it into Moviestudio. Because video and audio were from two different devices, I had to drop a video frame every 30 seconds to keep them sychronized.

I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop and painstakingly reinstalled everything. Got rid of virus, but I'm reluctant to download free software for that reason. Thanks for suggestions.

Larry M Gibson
Last Edit:20 Nov 2014 01:27 by larrymgibson

Replied by larrymgibson on topic Downloading YouTube video

Posted 20 Nov 2014 01:31 #5
Thanks Gabriel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.908 seconds