VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question How to un-dock Video Event FX window in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

• sargan
  • sargan's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 9
I have VMS  16
Today I did normal approach, new project, added media ..... then went to add video effect to the video track
White Balance.
The White Balance tool opened .... and the option to ' select white colour'  but when I press on its, I get the cross hairs, but there is no video preview to pick a white point from.
Video preview is there until I select the video effect then the video effect replaced the preview ....  obviously you need both active ..... assume I have disabled something, any clues ?

Pic attached
Last Edit:29 Aug 2022 20:18 by sargan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Sargan

I just replied to your identical message on the Creative Cow Vegas Forum!

You have accidentally docked the Video Event FX window into the space meant for the Preview Window.
Grab hold of the tab where you see “Video Event FX” written and drag onto the desktop – that’s all you have to do. The Video Event FX window, will now behave as a floating window.
If you need to re-dock a window, drag window into place you want it to be and press the CTRL button to lock it in place.
Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Aug 2022 20:18 by DoctorZen

• sargan
  • sargan's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 9
Thanks, I'll try that tonight
by sargan

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds