VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Easy question from a newbie

• Elvador
  • Elvador's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0

Easy question from a newbie was created by Elvador

Posted 18 Nov 2014 03:09 #1
I am capturing files from my DVR using a Roxio USB video capture device. No issues there. The issue I'm having is that the files are larger than a DVD can use so I'm getting an error saying as such. I also have DVD Architect and thought I could put any file size in there and it would create the proper files for the DVD. I guess not.

I do not need to create fancy DVD's with menus.

Is there no way to create the DVD directly from MSP wherein it takes the files and renders the video automatically for a normal DVD use?

If I do in fact have to render the video first to then use DVD Architect to create the DVD, what render settings do I use to maximize the quality? I tried several things, and even when the video file is 350K, it says the file size is too big. Is it simply too long? I think it's 1 hour 39 minutes, my test movie. I have DVD movies longer than that, I'm quite sure.

Thank you in advance!! Thank you for this forum!!

michael
by Elvador

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by GM1968 on topic Easy question from a newbie

Posted 19 Nov 2014 00:34 #2
Bonjour,

Yes you can with MSP 13... Project -> Make a Movie -> Brun a DVD or BR disk -> DVD without Menu.

Done !

Gabriel
by GM1968

• Elvador
  • Elvador's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Elvador on topic Easy question from a newbie

Posted 19 Nov 2014 01:56 #3
Yes, I tried that. When I do it says there's not enough room on the media. I looked through the website and I think I'll have to use that bitrate calculator. I just thought that type of thing would be automatic with a program like this. It's too bad it can't be just a little more user friendly and automatically compress the video to fit the media you are using.
by Elvador

Replied by GM1968 on topic Easy question from a newbie

Posted 20 Nov 2014 21:52 #4
by GM1968

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Easy question from a newbie

Posted 22 Nov 2014 01:12 #5
Hi Elvador

I have an in-depth tutorial which teaches how to "fit a video" onto a DVD.
The technique I teach in this tutorial, is the exact same method DVDs you buy from a shop use.
When you buy a box set of DVDs for a TV Show series and there are 4 or 5 episodes on each disc, they use Custom Bit Rates to squeeze more video onto one disc.

Please read and watch:
How to Compress and Fit a Long Video onto a DVD

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:57 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds