VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Using a Chromakey background, green or blue screen

Using a Chromakey background, green or blue screen was created by craigallen

Posted 22 Dec 2022 06:03 #1
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. To start with I just upgraded my Vegas Movie Studio 17 to Magix MS 2023 because who could resist the holiday upgrade price? Anyway, I have been trying to record a video using a blue screen chromakey backdrop, but I cannot figure out how to add a picture in so it shows up on the backdrop and does not overlay the main video. So I figured I'd come here and ask the pros. Currently I have a blue chromakey backdrop and am expecting delivery of a green backdrop (because Zoom won't use a blue screen, but that's another topic for another forum) any day now.

Thanks in advance for your insight.
Last Edit:03 Jan 2023 18:13 by craigallen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Using a Chromakey background, green or blue screen

Posted 03 Jan 2023 18:34 #2
Hi Craig

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message.

The first thing I need to tell you (which you have probably have realized by now), is that MAGIX Movie Studio 2023 has nothing to do with the old VEGAS Movie Studio 17.
VEGAS Movie Studio / Platinum was retired just over 2 years ago now.
MAGIX Germany is the owner of the VEGAS brand.
When VEGAS (USA) retired VEGAS Movie Studio, the owners in Germany decided to "recycle" the names Movie Studio, Movie Studio Platinum and Movie Studio Suite.
The version that you now own, is actually a completely different program!

At the time when all this happened, I actually advised long time VEGAS uses to upgrade to VEGAS Edit or VEGAS Pro.
These versions of VEGAS are easier to keep using, because Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Pro use a similar interface.

Now with that explanation out of the way, I can answer your question.
So far I have not decided to make any tutorials for the "MAGIX" version of Movie Studio - I am only concentrating on VEGAS Pro for now.
In the near future, I may start making tutorials for MAGIX Movie Studio / Platinum / Suite.

The old name for MAGIX Movie Studio actually had 2 names (yes I know this sounds confusing).
The two older names for the program you just bought are: MAGIX Movie Edit Pro and MAGIX Video Deluxe.
If you search on YouTube and/or Google using either of these two names, you will find many tutorials on many different topics.
Here is a tutorial on YouTube about how to use the Chroma Key function in MAGIX Movie Studio.

This is the official MAGIX Forum, where you can ask for help about using the program you now own:
www.magix.info/us/video-forum/

You can find official tutorials for MAGIX Movie Studio here:
www.magix.info/us/video-tutorials/

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds