VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 2023 Time Line inverted

• PResch
  • PResch's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Movie Studio 2023 Time Line inverted was created by PResch

Posted 31 Jan 2023 12:25 #1
I'm currently evaluating Movie Studio 2023 (upgrading from Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0) and find that the timeline is inverted, i.e. the audio is on top of the time line and the video at the bottom and the lower layers overlaying the top layers. This is a bit strange and completely unusable for me.
Is there some way to put the timeline layout back to standard in Movie Studio 2023 with the top layers overlaying the lower layers?
Last Edit:16 Feb 2023 17:58 by PResch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 2023 Time Line inverted

Posted 31 Jan 2023 14:34 #2
Hi PResch

Please note something very important !!!
Movie Studio 2023 has nothing to do with older Vegas Movie Studio versions.
Movie Studio 2023 is NOT an upgrade for Vegas Movie Studio.

The last official version of VEGAS Movie Studio (Platinum) was version 17.
The product was officially retired 2 years ago.
The owners MAGIX (Germany) caused great confusion, because they have replaced VEGAS Movie Studio with a completely different program, but used the same name as the old "VEGAS" versions.

Most VEGAS Movie Studio users have been upgrading to VEGAS Edit 20 instead, which works the same way as your older version of VEGAS Movie Studio.

The timeline in Movie Studio 2023 cannot be changed - it works in the opposite way to Vegas Movie Studio.

I would recommend you download the free trial for VEGAS Edit 20 and try that instead.
VEGAS Edit 20 is the full version of VEGAS Pro, just by itself.
You will feel more at home upgrading to this program.

Final thing.
Upgrades for VEGAS Edit 20 (which you qualify for), have been on sale for almost 2 months.
That sale is about to end in 24 hours.
There are 2 offers you can consider:

Offer #1 - Upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20 for $119.00 (US dollars).
Link to deal here - scroll to bottom of page.
zen3.me/us-vegas-upgrades

Offer #2 - Upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20 for $159.00 and also get NewBlue Total FX ($1495 value)
NewBlue Total FX includes every Video Effect and Video Transition they make, plus NewBlue Titler Pro 7.
zen3.me/us-vegas-upgrade-nbfx
Please Note: If you get this offer, DON'T install Live2Post in VEGAS Edit 20 installer - this is crap version of Titler Pro - you won't need it if you install Total FX with Titler Pro 7.
Watch this video and start from 7:03

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2023 14:35 by DoctorZen

• PResch
  • PResch's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by PResch on topic Movie Studio 2023 Time Line inverted

Posted 31 Jan 2023 18:09 #3
Hi Derek.
Thanks for that. I finally took your advice, bit the bullet and purchased Vegas Pro 20.
I've watched a few of your video editing tutorials. I like your low key approach you have when demonstrating editing techniques. It makes them easy to follow.
Regards
Peter Resch
by PResch
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds