VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Reinstall Movie Studio 16

Reinstall Movie Studio 16 was created by chrisg46

Posted 13 Feb 2023 07:34 #1
I use Movie Studio 16 on my current laptop, which is presently gradually dying! I've used this and Vegas for years, and have no desire to learn a new system.
I'd like to run it on new lappie, and have copied into programs(x86) but have no idea how to start  it!

I've using Movie Studio for a 8 or 9 years, and Vegas for longer. But the laptop both are on is on the downhill spiral, so I want to transfer them on onto a new machine. I can copy them on a stick to do this, but don't know if I need any keys, registration details, etc to achieve this.

Any clues or help, please?

Any help much appreciated!
TIA, Chris
Last Edit:16 Feb 2023 19:02 by chrisg46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Reinstall Movie Studio 16

Posted 16 Feb 2023 19:10 #2
Hi Chris

You can't simply copy program files to make a program work.
You will need to run the installer file, so that it installs ALL the components need to make the program work.

Do you have your License Key ?
You will need your license key to activate the program on a new computer.
If you have forgotten your license key, you can find it inside of Movie Studio on your old computer, if the old computer is still working.
Open  Movie Studio and go to Help / About - copy license key.
If you can't open Movie Studio on old computer, you can recover your license key from your MAGIX Account here:
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

To download the installer for Movie Studio 16, go to this link and enter your License Key:
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/
Download installer.
Open on new computer and double-click file to start installation.
After the program is installed, open program and the activation window will open.
If it asks for an email address, you must use the SAME email address your MAGIX account uses.
Enter license key and then program will open.
Be patient, it can sometimes be slow to open.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Feb 2023 19:10 by DoctorZen

Replied by chrisg46 on topic Reinstall Movie Studio 16

Posted 16 Feb 2023 19:50 #3
Thanks Derek, have got Vegas Pro running, just got to get Movie Studio (the real one!) sorted.
Last Edit:23 Feb 2023 18:34 by chrisg46

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.692 seconds