VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Decreasing render file size efficiently

Decreasing render file size efficiently was created by htmmarketing

Posted 06 Dec 2014 06:27 #1
I have a one hour 40 min video to render using Movie Studio 13. It is completely made up of jpg sequence (960 x 720) from PowerPoint and lecture audio. The audio is 48 MB. Is it possible to render this 24 fps non-HD to a size smaller than 400MB? Roughly 35 slides of 100kb each making total assets under 52 MBs. I've used MainConcept codec but either makes the video look horrible or larger than 400MB. It will be zip downloaded rather than played on YouTube so need better compression size.

Any suggestions of help would be appreciated from the forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Decreasing render file size efficiently

Posted 06 Dec 2014 16:21 #2
Are you actually using Movie Studio Platinum 13 ? Because the non-platinum version does not allow for customization.

So your video is 100 minutes in total length.
If you want to create a non-HD video that is only 400MB in size, you could render to 640x360 and set to 24fps.
I would use the Internet 360p template that is included with Mainconcept AVC/AAC options. You will have to experiment with the Bit Rate settings. Try higher/lower values.

If you want to make life easier for yourself and also maintain high quality video, there are other options you could consider.
Render to full HD 1920x1080-24p and upload to YouTube, but make the video unlisted. Then only people who have a link to the video can view it.
Another alternative is to create a Vimeo Pro account for $200.
Vimeo allows for full private video creation and the ability to download a copy of the video.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:54 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: htmmarketing

Replied by htmmarketing on topic Decreasing render file size efficiently

Posted 07 Dec 2014 02:12 #3
Yes, Movie Studio 13 Platinum. Upgrade from The 12 Platinum Suite after your first review. Very happy with it. I'm having to work around certain client parameters and the project has text in charts and graphs that need to remain readable. I'll try a few of your suggestions. I had made a custom template for 960x720 but changing bit rates from default didn't produce the needed results. Client's colleague made Camtasia recording of similar length and content and got it down to 150MB. So naturally thought I was doing something wrong.

As always, thanks for your input, Derric.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds