DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Long Render reveals looping that I didn't want

• Treff
  • Treff's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

Long Render reveals looping that I didn't want was created by Treff

Posted 04 Nov 2023 10:39 #1
For the past 6 years I have rendered with no issues.

Last night, I rendered a 55 minute movie and it took 5 hours!  When the DVD was made, I discovered that two clips were looping to their beginning and the movie would not play to end.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks to Derek for all his hard work and help through the years!
by Treff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Long Render reveals looping that I didn't want

Posted 19 Nov 2023 17:31 #2
Hi Treff

Sorry for the delay in replying to your message.
I have been unwell for the past 2 weeks and haven't been online until today.

Render Times
Render times that are longer than normal, normally indicate you have accidentally configured a setting incorrectly and/or the source video you used, has something strange about it.
There are 2 things that come to mind immediately:
1. Frame Rate mismatch
If the Source video frame rate, Project Properties frame rate and Render frame rate are mismatched, that will definitely cause a massive workload increase.
What is the Frame Rate of the source video ?
What is your Project Properties frame rate ?
Which Frame Rate did you render with ?

2. Where did your Source video come from ?
If your source video was recorded with a Mobile Phone, it is most likely using a Variable Frame Rate, which can cause very slow render times.
I recommend all phone videos be converted into Constant Frame Rate, before you import them into Vegas Movie Studio.

Looping video
Forgetting about DVD Architect for a moment, does your rendered video loop when played in a regular Media Player, outside of Vegas and DVDA ?
If the actual video is looping, that means you made a mistake in your Vegas Movie Studio project, on the timeline.
Open your VMS project and have a close look at the timeline.
If you drag the end of a video on the timeline, past it's natural end point, the video will automatically loop back to the beginning.
It's easy to find this error, because when a video is looped in VMS, you will see a small notch on the top edge of the video.

If the video rendered with VMS is OK (not looping), then that means you have accidentally turned a setting on in DVDA, that makes the video loop.
Upload a copy of your DVDA project file to the forum (as an attachment), then I can open it up and have a look at your project's settings.

Regards
Derek

p.s.
Sorry once again for the delay in replying 
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Nov 2023 17:32 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.780 seconds