VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved effects

• terry
  • terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0

effects was created by terry

Posted 15 Jan 2015 00:53 #1
I recently upgraded from MS 12 to MS 13 ...but was unable to get all the GUI on my laptop without constantly moving things around.

So.... I purchased another Video editing program which I only kept fot a few weeks and now I reverted back to MS 12 which at least fits on my laptop screen.

Now the 'other editor' I bought did have one thing on it that MS doesn't and that is the ability to have a moving intro, like ,say, a pair of theatre curtains opening to reveal the movie of my grandaughters choir.

Is there any 3rd party options with effects like these?

Many thanks

Regards
Terry
by terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Derek
  • Derek's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Peace Man :)
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Derek on topic effects

Posted 15 Jan 2015 16:22 #2
Hi Terry

What is the other Video Editing program you are talking about ?
Which specific Transition/Effect for the other program is it ?

You might be surprised that I actually have been researching all the different video editing programs on the market.

All versions of Movie Studio include the Barn Door transition.
So if you have a picture of curtains, you can use this as image A to reveal image B.

Regards
Derek.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:49 by Derek

• terry
  • terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by terry on topic effects

Posted 15 Jan 2015 19:26 #3
Hi Derek

the other editor was the new release of Cyber Link Ultimate.

Within the program you can log onto what they call the Director Zone and download lots od different effects made by third parties etc.

I just wondered if MS had access to anthing akin to this.

regards
Terry
by terry

• Derek
  • Derek's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Peace Man :)
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Derek on topic effects

Posted 15 Jan 2015 20:38 #4
Cyberlink has created a proprietary way to share Transitions and Effects.
When users upload them to be shared, the files end with an extension that can only be opened with a Cyberlink program.

You can do a similar thing with any Video Editing program, generally speaking - it is called making a Custom Preset.

On the Cyberlink Director Zone website, they are sharing a wide variety of media and FX. Some of the files are not Video FX or Transitions at all, but are small videos made with special effects programs like Hitfilm Pro or Adobe After Effects. Unfortunately they are being saved to a special file extension that will only work inside a Cyberlink program.

There are many websites that also share Royalty Free Stock Images, Videos, Music And Effects, that you can add to any video editing program.
A good example is www.pond5.com/

Coming back to Vegas, here is an example of how you can create and share a preset.
I could tweak a Transition or Video Effect from Movie Studio or Vegas Pro to create a Custom Preset.
If I sent this file to you, you could install the Preset and it would appear in Movie Studio or Vegas Pro to use. If you Google search "Vegas Presets", you should find free presets that people have created to share.

I actually need to make a tutorial about how to do this.
You can download the Sony Preset Manager from here:
Sony Preset Manager

I have instructions (screen shots) for how to install a preset buried in my archives somewhere.
Once I find them, I will upload to this thread in Forum.
Last Edit:15 Jan 2015 20:40 by Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: terry

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds