VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VMS 10 suite vs VMS 12 suite

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Tom on topic VMS 10 suite vs VMS 12 suite

Posted 27 Jan 2015 10:42 #11
Hi Derek: I was slow to use your procedures. I had no difficulty following your very clear instructions. However they do not seem to solve the problem.
I also got a reply from Sony and they gave me a set of actions that they told me to try. If it is ok with you I will try to get them into a file that I can attach for you to see.
I did not try them because I fear that everything (Sony related) that I have on that computer will be wiped out.
I sent a message to Sony to get clarification. Tom
by Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 27 Jan 2015 11:09 #12
Hi: I thought that I already replied to this, your last set of instructions. Very clear and easy to follow. However they did not resolve my problem.
Sony got back to me also. I have not tried their approach. I am attaching a copy of their procedures. Tom
by Tom

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VMS 10 suite vs VMS 12 suite

Posted 27 Jan 2015 11:52 #13
Hi Tom

When uploading files to the forum, there are some constraints.
Images can be up to 1200px high x 800px wide with a maximum file size of 300kB.
.jpg, .jpeg, .png and .gif are supported

Files can also be uploaded with a maximum size of 500kB.
All of the following file types are supported txt, rtf, pdf, zip, tar.gz, tgz, tar.bz2, veg, vf, dar

If you are having problems uploading a file to the Forum, you can email me instead using help@moviestudiozen.com
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Tom
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 30 Jan 2015 10:13 #14
Hi Derek:
Just writing to inform you that I tried everything that was recommended and did not get the PC to run Vegas.
I am getting a new hard drive and will install my windows 7 on it and keep the existing as a second drive because it contains years of data.
I will then just install Vegas 12. That way I will be ready for a future 64bit upgrade that will be coming eventually.
Thank you for all your help and knowledge you gave. Tom
by Tom

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VMS 10 suite vs VMS 12 suite

Posted 30 Jan 2015 14:49 #15
Hi Tom

If your computer has spare SATA Ports and Power Ports, I highly recommend using TWO drives as a minimum in all computers now.
Sata Ports are the data connectors for drives, but I guess you probably already know that since you sound fairly computer literate.

In a 2 drive set up, I recommend the C:Drive using an SSD "Solid State Drive".
Solid State Drives are blazing fast and will give you boot times of about 20 seconds.
The SSD would be where the Operating System and all programs are installed on only.
I recommend Samsung EVO drives. 250GB is a good size to start with.

Then the 2nd Drive would use a conventional Hard Drive with large capacity, something like 2TB, 3TB or even 4TB.
This is where all your data files live on. The advantage of this type of set-up, is you can re-install Operating Systems and Programs on the SSD without the HDD being affected. I recommend Western Digital Black Drives if you want a fast HDD.

This type of configuration will give you a much faster and more reliable system.
I managed to convert all my family to this type of system and they all love it, especially my retired parents who spend half their lives on the computer !

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Tom
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 03 Feb 2015 02:39 #16
Thanks. Great advise. Never used SSD. I have ordered a WD drive. Next one will be the SSD. I plan to keep the existing drive installed. Tom
by Tom

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds