VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to outline and blur?

How to outline and blur? was created by littleloulou

Posted 09 Feb 2015 14:50 #1
Hello again,

I'd to "black-blur" a frame and keep a certain part of the frame clear.
For instance, i want to have a table with books on clear, but the shape of it is not specific, i mean like a square shape.
So, how i could outline my object and make the rest of the frame black-blurred??

Sony Movie plat 12.0 is my program.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to outline and blur?

Posted 09 Feb 2015 15:26 #2
I can't picture exactly what you mean, however I think the Cookie Cutter Tool will help you out.
You would create a carbon copy of your video clip / still image and place it directly above your main video on a new video track.
Then apply a Cookie Cutter Shape on the top video - position and resize it.
Then apply Blur or something similar to either the top video or bottom video.

I have a tutorial which will show you something similar, which you can then adapt.
How to Blur Out Someone's Face using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by littleloulou on topic How to outline and blur?

Posted 10 Feb 2015 02:18 #3
you're right, i don't describe it very well.

okay, let's just say we have the frame(like the snapsnot that you show in the freeze tool) of an opened wardrobe. in this snapshot i need something like a crop tool
in order to outline a t-shirt for instance, and make the t-shirt zoom in and then zoom out in the frame (that would be my next question on making an object zooming in and out, i hope it's not a problem for you to answer it here). but only the t-shirt, not the whole frame.
also, i want the rest of the frame to be blurred, so that when you watch it, you focus on the t-shirt!

thanks in advance for you time and help :D

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to outline and blur?

Posted 10 Feb 2015 09:43 #4
If you want to Mask out irregular shaped objects, you need a Masking Tool.
The Masking Tool is only available in Vegas Pro - it has never been part of the Movie Studio range.
In Vegas Pro, the Masking tool lines in the Event Pan/Crop window.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by littleloulou on topic How to outline and blur?

Posted 10 Feb 2015 10:31 #5
okay then, thank you very much.
:D

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds