VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to set event length?

How to set event length? was created by MortTheBeast

Posted 14 Feb 2015 12:29 #1
Using Movie Studio Platinum 13, how can I adjust event lengths? I have multiple images and I need them in different lengths, but the only way I see to manage the length time is too use my mouse and drag the edges... but I can never seem to get an exact time for each. For example one is 10 seconds, but then the next is like 10.4 seconds, if I try to move the mouse ever so slightly it seems to jump from one extreme to the other. I would think there should be a box somewhere with the time, which I do see one in the far bottom right corner and its the 1st of 3 boxes... but you cannot click to change anything in there. It's driving me bonkers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to set event length?

Posted 14 Feb 2015 14:09 #2
Hi Mort

There are two things you can do to stop you going bonkers.

By default Snapping is turned ON.
Snapping makes media snap together when it gets very close.
Press Config button at bottom of Timeline and select Enable Snapping to turn OFF.

Another way to gain fine control on the timeline is to Zoom In using the wheel on your mouse.
Position cursor near the area you are working on and the roll mouse wheel to zoom in. You can zoom right down to the frame by frame level if needed, position your media accurately and then quickly zoom back out. By Zooming In, you could leave Snapping turned on. Experiment and find out which combination works best for you.

Regards
Derek :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MortTheBeast

Replied by MortTheBeast on topic How to set event length?

Posted 15 Feb 2015 01:49 #3
That did the trick! Thank you very much, you saved me from pulling any more hair out and trust me when I say... I don't exactly have a lot to part with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds