VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Weird rendering problems in Movie Studio 13?

Weird rendering problems in Movie Studio 13? was created by Opal Rider

Posted 25 Feb 2015 14:54 #1
I've been getting this problem for a while, and google didn't help too much, so I decided to hit the forums and here I am! Hello world.

Anyhow, onto the important stuff. Recently (as in within the past night), my video render has been doing really strange things to my video quality after it's finished. If the file is WMV, the video chops itself up into a million little pieces, turning what started out looking like this:

Warning: Spoiler!

into something a little more grotesque:

Warning: Spoiler!

Not sure why it did this in the first place, but I shrugged it off and tried MP4. This got rid of the video completely, and only left the audio. If I were some sort of tech support I would probably assume that someone saying that accidentally clicked MP3 instead, but I assure you I'm not.

Has anyone else ever experienced similar problems, and, more importantly, know what's causing it and what I can do to fix it? Any and all information would be much appreciated, so thank you for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Weird rendering problems in Movie Studio 13?

Posted 25 Feb 2015 15:40 #2
This looks like artefacts caused by a Graphics Card/Graphics Driver not processing a Video Effect properly.

Which exact program and version are you using ?
Which model Graphics Card does your computer use ?
Do you have the newest Drivers installed for this card ?

Did you add Video Fx to your project ? If so, which ones ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Opal Rider on topic Weird rendering problems in Movie Studio 13?

Posted 25 Feb 2015 15:50 #3

DoctorZen wrote: Which exact program and version are you using ?

I'm using Movie Studio Platinum 13.0

DoctorZen wrote: Which model Graphics Card does your computer use ?

Didn't know off the top of my head, so i checked. something called Intel(R) Graphics family. Not quite sure about it, but instinct says it's not exactly the best on the block.

DoctorZen wrote: Do you have the newest Drivers installed for this card ?

I believe so. I'll double check in a second, but I remember updating them fairly recently.

DoctorZen wrote: Did you add Video Fx to your project ? If so, which ones ?

The only effects I used were slide effects, which I wouldn't expect to be very CPU intensive. I've used a lot of flashier ones that worked perfectly fine, although I have a nagging suspicion that your hunch is probably right.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Weird rendering problems in Movie Studio 13?

Posted 25 Feb 2015 19:10 #4
So which exact Video Effects are you using ?
Please be very specific and list each one with it's proper name.
Are they inbuilt Video FX that come with program OR are they third party ones you bought ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Opal Rider on topic Weird rendering problems in Movie Studio 13?

Posted 26 Feb 2015 15:52 #5
Okay, I got it fixed. For some reason my quality jumped up to 4K. Absolutely no idea why it happened, but it's all good now.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2015 01:28 by Opal Rider

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.805 seconds