VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Project resolution change

• spattu
  • spattu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0

Project resolution change was created by spattu

Posted 05 Mar 2015 06:00 #1
Hello all!

At first sorry my writings, im not the best of the best on english, i hope you understand what i try to ask.

I use Sony movie studio platinum 13. I have done video project where is lot's of photos and music. I have done project 1280x720 resolution. It works great for horizontal photos. But when i use vertical photos they are quite small, and there is plenty of that black bar each side. I have resize bigger side of all images 1280 pixel (horizontal and vertical).

I think the problem is that my project side is 1280x720, so vertical photos cant be bigger than 720 though i want they is 1280 in bigger side.

I found project properties and there video, there i can change width and height to my project it changes my whole project properties. So if i change height to 1280 and width 720 works vertical excellent, but horizontal pictures not.

So i must select only those frames where i use vertical photos and change width&length, but i cant do that. Is there someway select different frames and change only their properties? Or is there some other way do the trick?

Thanks!
by spattu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Project resolution change

Posted 05 Mar 2015 16:00 #2
You should not be changing the Frame Size from 1280 wide x 720 high to 720 wide x 1280 high. It may look OK to you now, but it is not going to work the same way on other websites or in other devices. This is not a Video Frame Size used by anyone. If you tried to upload this to YouTube, it is going to end up going back to 1280x720p.

I think the best thing you should do is watch this tutorial first.
It will show you how to Zoom In on images that are not using 16:9 Aspect Ratio.
How to Create a Custom Slideshow using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2015 01:19 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.991 seconds