VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Slow Motion Playback and using the Trimmer

Slow Motion Playback and using the Trimmer was created by Moondog

Posted 30 Mar 2015 09:58 #1
I'm currently using Sony Movie Studio Platinum to edit HD movies of my sons Lacrosse games. I can't figure out how to copy a particular play (usually 5-10sec's of video) then paste is back into the project and have it play in slow motion. Basically, when watching the video on BluRay you would see the play in real time, then see the same play in slow motion. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2015 20:13 by Moondog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Slow Motion Playback and using the Trimmer

Posted 30 Mar 2015 12:52 #2
Hi Moondog

There is an easy way to create Sub-Clips.
Go to Project Media tab and right-click main video - select Open in Trimmer.
Find the section of video you want to use and then drag the little yellow triangles to mark then beginning and end points - this has now created a loop region.
Press Create Sub-Clip button - this will send sub-clip to Project Media tab.
Now you can drag this section on to your timeline.

To slow down your video clip, there are a few different methods you can use.
Easiest way is to hold the CTRL key down and drag end of video clip to slow down.
For more detailed explanation read/watch this:
How to Slow Down GoPro and High Frame Rate Video with Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Apr 2015 00:56 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.701 seconds