VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Audio tool

• AlanB
  • AlanB's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Audio tool was created by AlanB

Posted 31 Mar 2015 10:18 #1
Hi Derek - a while back I recorded some video clips on a train using the camera mic. (mistake) which is omni - directional. Result: speech that isn't punchy enough and lots of background diesel engine noise which is too loud. Can you suggest a suitable audio plug-in to reduce the noise of the engine? Have tried 'normalisation' which helped but background noise is still too loud. I used MSP 12 for this video.
Many thanks,
Alan
by AlanB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio tool

Posted 31 Mar 2015 15:23 #2
Hi Alan

I don't think any of the tools in Movie Studio Platinum will be powerful enough to remove that kind of background audio.

I do have two suggestions for you which should work reasonably well.

#1. Sony's Spectral Layers Pro
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/spectralayerspro
There is actually a good intro tutorial on YouTube about this. You could download the free trial and use it to complete your project.
www.youtube.com/user/Sonysoftwareofficial/videos

#2. Render a WAV file for the audio in your video.
Then send it too me via dropbox or email.
I can put it through Sound Forge Pro which has a good noise removal tool. However I think Spectral Layers Pro would do a much better job.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Apr 2015 00:56 by DoctorZen

• AlanB
  • AlanB's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by AlanB on topic Audio tool

Posted 02 Apr 2015 08:23 #3
Thanks Derek, I've downloaded Spectral Layers Pro on a free trial. I'm away for Easter so will try to solve the problem when I return. Will keep you informed.
by AlanB

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds