VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Project properties

Project properties was created by george.bredon

Posted 06 Apr 2015 11:15 #1
I used an WMV clip to create an MP4 video. Itwas created by capturing a Powerpoint slide show using My Screen Recorder Pro and setting the slide size in Powerpoint to 16:10 widescreen. When I added this WMV file to my Vegas project there were no black line on either side of the preview screen as I told the project wizard to match the 1680x1050 18p settings associated with WMV screen capture video.

However when I went to render the video for you tube using the MP4 settings as per attached file I get black bands on the left and right of the MP4 video.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Project properties

Posted 06 Apr 2015 21:07 #2
Hi George

Your problem goes back to how you captured your original video.
All standard widescreen video uses an Aspect Ratio of 16:9, not 16:10.
Your flat screen TV is 16:9, all video shown on the Internet is 16:9 and DVDs & Blu-ray discs use also use 16:9.

You will need to re-capture your video and set Powerpoint to 16:9 and My Screen Recorder to 16:9.

The only thing that can trick people sometimes, is if your computer monitor is 16:10 instead of 16:9.
If this is the case, use the Framing tool in My Screen Recorder to frame Powerpoint to 16:9.

All widescreen Make Movie / Render As output profiles in Movie Studio are set to 16:9.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Apr 2015 00:56 by DoctorZen

Replied by george.bredon on topic Project properties

Posted 07 Apr 2015 07:18 #3
Thanks Derek

I will try your suggestions. As always your directions are very helpful.
Regards
George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.760 seconds