VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to put 3 iPhone videos side by side in one frame

• JonnyD
  • JonnyD's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

How to put 3 iPhone videos side by side in one frame was created by JonnyD

Posted 07 Apr 2015 15:58 #1
I have 3 separate iPhone video clips. Their frame sizes are: 406x720 360x360 and 406x720 respectively. I would like them to play concurrently side-by-side in a 1280x720 sized frame (16:9 aspect ratio for possible upload to YouTube). I see the combined widths (1172) are a bit shy of the 1280 total frame width but I don't mind a little pillar boxing. How do I do it?
I saw your tutorial on creating a split-screen video with only two videos, but since none of my clips takes up the full screen size of 1280x720, I couldn't see how to adapt that tutorial to what I want to do.

PS - when I play my clips with a a regular media player (I use VLC) the 360x360 clip fills the vertical dimension, I just lose a bit of detail since the resolution is not as good. So it appears all 3 clips will fill the 720 height of the frame.
by JonnyD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to put 3 iPhone videos side by side in one frame

Posted 08 Apr 2015 00:54 #2
Hi Jonny

I can't go into extreme detail right now, because I am trying to get some new videos made and uploaded ASAP.
One of these new videos is basically on the topic you are talking about.

You don't need to worry about adding up pixels to equal 1280.
Using Event Pan/Crop and/or Track Motion Tool, you simply Zoom In or Out until you get the videos to fit the space you want them to go.
While you wait for this new tutorial to arrive, I suggest you have a look at these older tutorials.
You should be able to work it out by watching these.

By placing your videos on different video tracks, you can use the Track Motion tool to do what I show in this tutorial.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/42-how-to-create-a-picture-in-picture-video-in-video-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-10

Another related tutorial is this one on creating a Slideshow.
It may seem unrelated, however it will show you how you can pan across a video if needed.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/63-how-to-create-a-manual-slideshow-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-10

Stay tuned for information.
Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Apr 2015 00:58 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds