VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony Movie Studio 13

• Brufoy
  • Brufoy's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Sony Movie Studio 13 was created by Brufoy

Posted 11 Apr 2015 12:52 #1
Using Sony Movie Studio to edit my videos on to Blu-ray discs I am unable to play them on my computer using PowerDVD 14 as it does not recognize the file but they can be played in a standard blu-ray player. Can I make adjustments, if not would I would advise potential buyers of Power DVD 14 against buying the software unless using over the counter B/R discs
Maybe someone can help with this problem.
Thanks
by Brufoy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by TreeTops on topic Sony Movie Studio 13

Posted 12 Apr 2015 11:40 #2
I would try to use DVD Architect to burn the BD. If that doesn't work then try imgburn after saving to disk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brufoy

• Derek
  • Derek's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Peace Man :)
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Derek on topic Sony Movie Studio 13

Posted 12 Apr 2015 15:39 #3
Hi Brufoy

Did you follow one of my tutorials on how to create Blu-ray discs using Movie Studio Platinum or did you use some different method ?

If you created Blu-ray compliant discs using the correct Output Templates found in Advanced Make Movie settings, your discs should work in Cyberlinks player.

Please supply more info before I come to any further.

Regards
Derek.
Last Edit:25 Apr 2015 15:07 by Derek

• Brufoy
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Brufoy on topic Sony Movie Studio 13

Posted 13 Apr 2015 01:28 #4
Hi Derek
I used your tutorial "How to make a DVD or Bluray Disc with no Menus" I have followed your instructions, using a template, Main Concept MPEG-2 and 1920x1080-50i 25. with the only change to Max. Bit rate
I have now made a test disc 0n a B/ray re recordable disc with the same settings as your tutorial and still get the same result, it does not recognize the file and if I continue my computer crashes. I have burnt six B-Ray dvd`s using Sony Movie Studio 13 as well as many AVCHD videos on Sony Vegas with great results but will only operate when using a Blu-ray player. Many thanks in advance if you can help me with this problem
by Brufoy

• Derek
  • Derek's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Posted 13 Apr 2015 02:06 #5
Here is a tip for you.
Instead of wasting blu-ray discs while you are learning, go and buy a small pack or Re-Writeable Blu-ray discs and use these to experiment with.
You can re-use these many times over. Once you know you have a working disc, then burn to permanent Blu-ray disc.

I think I know what your problem is. Burning discs directly from the timeline can be problematic for some people, especially if the video is too large to fit on a single disc.
Increasing the Bit Rate higher would have caused this. There is no need to ever set the Bit Rates higher in any of the templates for Blu-ray or DVD - they are already optimized perfectly. When you try to burn a disc directly from the timeline, you loose control over what is happening and end up getting lost.
Changing the Bit Rate is probably what has caused all your problems.

A standard Blu-ray disc for burning has a capacity of 25GBs - in reality, it is less than this.

Follow my tutorial where I show how to make a Blu-ray with Menus.

This method will mean you use DVD Architect to burn the disc.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum
Because it is a TWO STEP process, you will get to see what the total size of your Video and Audio files are, before you try and burn a disc.
If the total file size of the Video and Audio combined is over 25GBs, you cannot burn a disc that will work.
If this is what the problem is, you can use a Bit Rate calculator to determine custom bit rates to make the file sizes slightly smaller.
I use this app for making the calculations. It is a bit tricky to learn the first time, but you may not need it.
dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php

Once you send the files to DVD Architect, the program will tell you if it is going to fit or not.
OR
You can open your Movie Studio Platinum Projects folder and find the rendered video and audio files and check their file sizes.
by Derek

• Brufoy
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Brufoy on topic Sony Movie Studio 13

Posted 13 Apr 2015 10:36 #6
Thanks Derek for you advice and I will use your tutorials along with DVD Architect. to solve this problem
I always burn a trial video to a Re-writable Blu-ray Dics and if ok then burn to a permanent Blu-ray Disc, with great results that can be played on my TV through a B/R player. When I use Power DVD 14 it tells me it does not recognize the file and to go on line to find a solution and when I do my Computer crashes.
When I received your first email before I replied, I did a test video of 3GB and followed your Tutorial "How to burn DVDs and Blu=ray Discs" using your settings but still get the same result, ok on a player but not on the computer
It would then appear that I must use DVD Architect as you have suggested to have a playable B/R disc. that I can play on my computer
I don`t have problem with size as keep under the 25GB
Thank again for your great tutorials
by Brufoy

• Derek
  • Derek's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Posted 13 Apr 2015 12:56 #7
Hi again

While I have been sending you messages over the last couple of days, I have not been home.
So I just got home and double checked Cyberlink Power DVD 14 and playing Blu-rays made with Movie Studio Platinum and DVD Architect Studio.
I can report back that Blu-rays burnt with DVD Architect Studio will play OK in Power DVD 14.
If you have any more problems with Power DVD, there is something particular with just your computer going on.

Regards
Derek.
by Derek

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.779 seconds