VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MP4 H.264 conversion

• Andy
  • Andy's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 4

MP4 H.264 conversion was created by Andy

Posted 14 May 2014 22:17 #1
I have several MP4 movies that play on my computer and my DVD player (via thumb drive) but won't play on my MIL's Vizio TV (on thumb drive) - they get an "unsupported codec" error.

So my question - can I use my Movie Studio Platinum v.11 to convert these movies to the correct H.264 format? Or is there a better way to accomplish this? TIA

I love MSZ, you've been a great help to using the Sony software!
by Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MP4 H.264 conversion

Posted 14 May 2014 23:11 #2
Hi Sriracha

I think it would be easier and faster to use a Video Converter program - mainly because a video converter normally supports a much wider range of video codecs and formats.
One of the best free video converters I use myself, is Any Video Converter - free edition.
You can download a copy direct from here:
www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Thanks for your message :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:52 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy

• Preservation
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Preservation on topic MP4 H.264 conversion

Posted 14 May 2014 23:42 #3
Maybe the good Dr will have a better answer but I think part ten MP4 also known as AVC uses the H.264 codec so you might try rendering the video as Main Concept AVC. You can definitely use the free and very good software for about all your video conversions. Media player VLC not only allows you to view videos in more formats than any other I've seen, it has many applications quite useful in dealing with video files. You can get it here... www.videolan.org/ Good luck!
by Preservation

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds