VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Render Settings Problems with MSP 13

Render Settings Problems with MSP 13 was created by VIDEOMANUK

Posted 08 May 2015 00:37 #1
Hi, I have just come back from a a trip to Aus and NZ and took hours of video filmed in 1920x1080/p AVCHD PROGRESIVE. I setup the files like you have shown in your excellent tutorials and done the matched media setting also when I check on any of the media the info shows that it's 1920x1080x12 50.000fps. When come to burn the disc with or without menus I check the Project Properties box and it shows TEMPLATE-Custom (1920x1080 50.000fps). FIELD ORDER-Upper First
PIXEL ASPECT RATIO-1.0000 (SQUARE). FRAME RATE-50.000(Double PAL)
The ADJUST SORCE MEDIA to match project & render settings IS CHECKED
The problem I'm having is when I now go to MAKE MOVIE -DVD with OR without Menus in the
BURN DVD SCREEN the Render Parameters are DIFFERENT as follows
VIDEO FORMAT- MPEG-2 720x576-50i 16:9. (PAL)
If possible could you please tell me why these settings turn out to be different to the ones I started with. Sorry for the length of this message but I hope I've put all the info I have to help you.
Last Edit:08 Jul 2015 16:47 by VIDEOMANUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Render Settings Problems with MSP 13

Posted 08 May 2015 01:00 #2
Hi Video Man UK

Just about to go to bed here (12:40 AM).
DVDs only support Standard Definition video, not 1920x1080 HD settings.
So if you want to make DVDs, MPEG-2 720x576-50i is the correct output template.
50p is not supported by the DVD specification.

It is OK that the Project Properties are different from the Make Movie output properties.
When the video is rendered, it is getting converted to the correct format. The most important thing you have right, is that your Project Properties are compliant with your Make Movie settings - meaning your Frame Rate settings are compatible with each other - they are in multiples of 50 & 25. Where it would go bad is if you mixed 60p with 50i - something like that.

The only way you can render video more closely to what your camera records to, is by making Blu-ray discs.
Blu-ray is a much better output format for your camera, because it supports HD video.
If you made Blu-ray discs, you would have two options.
You could render to 1920x1080-50i or 1280x720-50p - both of these outputs are supported by the Blu-ray specification.

You may also be thinking why I did not mention 1920x1080-50p as an option for making Blu-ray discs.
1920x1080-50p is not supported by the Blu-ray specification, which is getting quite old now.
When the Blu-ray specification was originally released, 50p video did not even exist yet.
There is a new specification being worked on right now by the Blu-ray working group, that will most likely include all the new formats like 50p and 4K video.

Check to see if your computer's optical drive supports the burning of Blu-ray discs. If it does, it should have a Blu-ray symbol on the door.
If you don't have a Blu-ray/DVD combo drive, you can easily by one and replace your existing drive OR buy an External Blu-ray Writer which connects via USB cable.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:08 Jul 2015 16:47 by DoctorZen

Replied by VIDEOMANUK on topic Render Settings Problems with MSP 13

Posted 08 May 2015 01:19 #3
Thanks Derek that was very quick thanks for your advise and so now I'll do what you advise hope you have a good sleep.
Last Edit:08 Jul 2015 16:47 by VIDEOMANUK

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.657 seconds