VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Quicksync

• joe88
  • joe88's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Quicksync was created by joe88

Posted 20 May 2015 07:02 #1
Hi all I'm new to forum just wanted to ask if anybody has got quicksync to work with Movie studio platinum 12 or 13, I am a long time version 12 user and had a Asrock Z77 extreme 6 motherboard with Virtu Mvp and quicksync used to work ok, but I have just built a new z97 system Asus Maximus 7 Hero MB with G-skill Sniper 2133 memory Intel 4790k Nvidia gtx 970 Crucial MX 200 250GB ssd, I tried Movie studio platinum 12 but quicksync fails with error, "quicksync unavailible" same with version 13
tried connection second monitor to onboard HDMI but still no go. I have Marillis Action record everything working with quicksync just fine...
Thanks for any help all
Regards
Joe :unsure:
by joe88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Quicksync

Posted 20 May 2015 19:12 #2
Hi Joe

I hope someone else can help you out on this one.
When I built my computer in 2011, Intel HD Integrated Graphics was only new and so my Motherboard did not support Intel Quick Sync technology. Which means I am not on a computer which I can experiment with.

Check out the Sony Creative Software Vegas Movie Studio Forum and/or Vegas Pro Forum.
Here is one thread I found on this topic:
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/Forums/ShowMessage.asp?Forum=4&MessageID=881044

I think you have to make sure you have Intel Graphics turned on in your preference settings.
Go to Options - Preferences - Video tab
Look at GPU Acceleration. Open drop down box and you should see Intel as option - select and then re-boot program.
Now load project and see if Quick Sync works.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• joe88
  • joe88's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by joe88 on topic Quicksync

Posted 20 May 2015 21:15 #3
Thanks for reply Derek, I had already tried what you suggested but no joy, it shows HD graphics in the list but just keep failing with undetermined error, to get Marillis Action record program working I just had to go to Display properties and add a monitor for the HD graphics and action works with quicksync, sadly not the same for Moviestudio 12 or 13, thanks for the link I wil go check that out.
Regards
Joe
Last Edit:04 Jul 2015 13:54 by joe88
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds