VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Trouble transferring audio from my Galaxy S5 to my project timeline

I am trying to transfer audio from my galaxy S5 to my timeline in movie studio platinum 13. I am using a 3.5 audio cord plugged into the headset jack on the S5 and going to my PCs microphone jack.. I have had to borrow one of my employees iPhones and it works just fine. Any ideas why I can't do the same thing with my S5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Movie Studio Rob

Can you explain in more detail about exactly what you are trying to do ? Because what you are describing does not sound like a good method for working with audio.

What type of Audio are you wanting to transfer ?
Music you have downloading ?
Audio you have recorded ?

It is much better if you simply transferred the digital audio files direct from Samsung or SD card onto your computer.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Derek,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am trying to transfer music from my phone directly into my timeline. I feel as though I am missing some kind of setting on my Galaxy S5, as it works great with my friends iPhone. I attach an audio cable from the headphone jack on the iPhone and the other end of the cable into the microphone jack on my PC. It works great with great quality from the iPhone. I simply want to do the same thing from my Galaxy S5. When I am set up and hit play on the S5 it acts like the jack isn't working. The sound still comes out of the phone speaker and nothing is going into the PC. I appreciate any insight.

There is a much simpler way to transfer your audio files from the phone into the computer.
Connect your Phone via a USB cable into the computer - the charging cable that came with your phone should have a USB connection on one end that can be connected into your computer.
Find where your audio files are located and then drag and drop them into a folder on your computer.
Most Audio files would be located in the Music folder, however they may also be somewhere else.
Disconnect phone.

Once the files have been transferred, you should be able to import them directly into Movie Studio.

I found a video on YouTube which shows what to do.
In this video he moves files from the computer to phone - you will do the reverse.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Jul 2015 13:55 by DoctorZen

Thank you so much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds