VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Problems trying to use Auto Ripple

Problems trying to use Auto Ripple was created by waioeka

Posted 04 Aug 2015 13:08 #1
Forgive me if the guts of this post has already been received. I have posted earlier, but have not received or been able to receive any dialogue to date. In fact I rejoined this morning, and hopefully this will help restore comms. I am probably responsible for past problems. I have SMS13 Suite.

I searched previous posts and FAQ's b4 posting this. The example Derek used in FAQ about "rubber-banding" events for global shifting is exactly what I am trying to achieve. My first project is complete except for adding text (credits etc). I wanted to start by sliding all my data down the timeline so that I can insert opening titles.

I've tried using Auto Ripple (option 3 - all data), but my music track goes nasty - it not only won't move, but it does weird scary stuff, flat-lining sections of my music track and generally going crazy. I have been very grateful for 'Control Z!

The first 15 secs of my music bed (edited in Sound Forge), has some unusual properties even though it plays alright.:

1. Bkgd to wave form is grey, not white (what's the significance of white, grey, pink bkgds?)
2 Hovering over the FX icon does not display the normal text ("to add FX to an event"...etc) By the way there is no effect on this segment.
3 Won't display the 'open hand' icon, so it's as though it is anchored to the spot..
Trying to use a work-around (cut&paste) produces the same carnage as the Auto Ripple did.

Any help hugely appreciated.
by waioeka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problems trying to use Auto Ripple

Posted 04 Aug 2015 15:58 #2
Hi

I have posted earlier, but have not received or been able to receive any dialogue to date.

I'm not sure what is going on here. I can't find any similar accounts and I always make sure all questions are answered.

It sounds like one of your tracks is Locked or Muted.

A Normal track looks like this:

A Muted track looks like this.
Press MUTE button to un-mute entire track or right-click track and go to Switches/Mute to un-mute single file.

A Locked track looks like this. Right-click on grayed out segment and go to Switches/Lock.

Solutions for Inserting Text at beginning of project
Due to your problems, it would be best to abandon the Auto-Ripple Tool.
Move the top edge of Timeline UP until you can see everything in your project.
Use the Selection Tool - press D on keyboard until dotted rectangle appears next to mouse pointer.
Now drag out a HUGE rectangle that highlights ALL media - you can now drag everything to the right.
Insert your Text.
Highlight all media again and drag back to where text is.
Press CTRL + D to return edit tool to Normal.

If the first method does not work, you can try Copy and Paste into a new project.
Open a second instance of Movie Studio Platinum by doing this:
Shrink existing project down and double-click Movie Studio icon to open new project.
Make sure it's Project Properties are same as original.
Add any extra Video and Audio Tracks into new project, so that the timeline tracks look the same as original.
Add your New Text first to 2nd project.
Go back to first project and then highlight small sections (usually one/two tracks at a time) - right-click and COPY.
Now go to 2nd project - line up cursor to correct position and then press PASTE.
Continue until all of project is safely in new project.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Aug 2015 00:18 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.029 seconds