VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Trouble with making a clip faster

Trouble with making a clip faster was created by Drummerkat

Posted 16 Sep 2015 05:36 #1
I have about an 8-10 second clip taken at 30 fps. I need to make it faster so I put my mouse on the right edge of the clip, pushed CTRL, and dragged it to the left to increase the playback speed. After doing so, it made the playback choppy. How can I increase the speed without it being choppy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Trouble with making a clip faster

Posted 16 Sep 2015 13:47 #2
I just answered the same question you posted on the website - here is a bit more.

You need more original video to speed up, to get it to looking OK, because when you speed up video some frames get thrown away.
Also there is a point in which speeding up too far creates a jumping effect that does not look good.

There is a more accurate method you can use to control the speed of your videos.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/511-how-to-slow-down-go-pro-video
In this tutorial I mainly talk about slowing down, however you can apply the same principles for speeding up.
Example: Set play back rate to x1.5, x2, x2.5, x3......
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:28 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds