VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Amazing Footage Ruined

Amazing Footage Ruined was created by ColoradoDualSport

Posted 20 Oct 2015 05:04 #1
Hello all,

First post here and sorry it has to be one of urgency. Let me quickly say a huge thank you to MSZ for his tutorials many of which I have used and have really helped to improve my YouTube channel and editing skills.

The reason I'm posting this is because yesterday I filmed some of the most amazing footage I have ever personally experienced and it's all ruined. Just hours before we went on the ride my GoPro had an unfortunate meeting with a concrete floor lene first. There was really nothing I could do to fix it at the time, but figured there would just be a small blury spot where the lens had been damaged and I would just have to live with it. Turns out I was completely wrong. All but the very top left hand corner of the footage is blurry. Please see the attached jpg as an example. I'm really hoping someone can tell me that this can be fixed in post. Seriously, I would fly to your town and buy you dinner and beers.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated I don't even have words.

-Jeff AKA ColoradoDualsport

www.youtube.com/user/ColoradoDualSport/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Amazing Footage Ruined

Posted 20 Oct 2015 05:58 #2
Hi Jeff

If the lens has been damaged on your Go Pro, there is no way to un-blur your video recording. You have recorded what the sensor received and that cannot be undone.

Under normal circumstances, there are only two things you can do to make a video look as sharp as possible, however I must stress that this really can only work with video that was recorded in focus to start with.

#1. Go to the Video FX tab and open the Sony folder, then drag Sharpen onto your video.
I would not recommend setting this any higher than 75%. Past this point it can look unnatural and can make the render fail.
I don't think this is going to help your problem though.

#2. To reduce Motion Blur, right-click all videos on the timeline and go to Switches - set to Disable Re-sample.
Most people once they learn about this setting, apply this to all their video projects by default. This setting normally helps the most, to get videos looking as sharp as possible.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds