VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MSP 13 stops working at "Initializing GPU-accelerated video processing" on startup

Movie Studio Platinum 13 appears to start as normal, but when it gets to "Initializing GPU-accelerated video processing" the error reporter comes up & just says it's stopped working. I think this is the first time I've tried to use it on Windows 10, but I can't remember for sure if I had upgraded back in June when I last used MSP.

I tried upgrading to Build 955, messed with my video drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled, all to no avail. I read on some other forums to check the gpu_video_x64.log file, so I did & discovered that it says "Device type not supported. Device is not compatible." under my CPU, but that makes no sense as I have used MSP on this laptop many times before (just not since June) & I haven't changed any hardware on the Laptop ever.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Last Edit:22 Nov 2015 09:29 by Setheli216

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Setheli216

The first thing you should try is resetting Movie Studio and deleting the cache. This will default all settings to factory values and turn off GPU Acceleration.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Resetting may fix your problem, if it doesn't I would recommend doing a clean install of Windows 10.

I have also upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that after doing the free upgrade, I had many programs that were not working properly. This is because there is too much garbage left behind from Windows 7 or Window 8. Doing a clean install of Windows 10 will make all your programs run faster and smoother. This is exactly what I did and afterwards Movie Studio and Vegas Pro now work perfectly.

One of the biggest problems many people had after upgrading to Windows 10, was with the Graphics Card drivers. Lots of problems have now been addressed, so the clean install should work well.

Your computer's hardware has been registered on the Microsoft servers, so after you do a clean install it will automatically be activated.
Most Drivers will be automatically installed by Windows. Any ones that cannot be found, you can download from the Manufacturers website of your laptop.

Do you know which model Graphics Card you have installed right now ?
AMD Radeon or Nvidia ?

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billr, Setheli216

Thanks much, deleting the cache worked. I saw that solution on another forum & thought I tried it, but they did not specify it had to be the desktop -- I was trying via the Start menu. I did it your way & deleted the cache & now everything is working. Again, thank you very much.

(I guess it doesn't really matter any more, but I have an AMD graphics card. I don't know the specifics off hand, but if you still want to know I can find them.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

I'm glad you fixed the problem :woohoo:
No I don't need to know about your graphics card now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds