VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Creating video with Surround sound using Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 with DVD Architect Pro 6.0

I tried two different renderings. First after creating chapter points rendering video in MainConcepts AVC --.Blu-Ray 1920x1080 60i and another render for Audio in Dolby Digital AC-3 5.1 Surround DVD AGC on. I wanted to attempt to get surround sound effect and ensured the audio was in the same respective folder as the video files with the same names. When importing to DVD Architect Pro 6.0 I discovered the AVC file where I rendered it saving the chapter points disappeared in DVD Architect where the m2v file or MPEG 2 both the chapter points and audio appeared immediately. In burning to Blu-Ray at 8 speed, I received a video buffer underflow message with the AVC version. With the MPEG 2 version, it burned but when inserted into the Sony 4K Blu-Ray player there was no sound. Is there no way to get surround sound to work or do you have to use the Sony PCM stereo only for the audio file to work??? I made sure in Movie Studio 13.0 the audio was in boxes 3 though 8 since box 2 was the video. Worked well in preview mode on the laptop but not on the television. When I used DVD Architect 5.0 in PCM only the sound came fine on the television though not tested for surround sound and guessing should work with the sound bar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Jospeh

Your mixing two different pieces of software that don't really match. You can do this, but it can lead to confusion.

When using Movie Studio Platinum 13, you should be using DVD Architect Studio 5, which is included as part of your MSP13 purchase.
DVD Architect Pro 6 comes with Vegas Pro 13, so you should really be using Vegas Pro 13 to prepare video/audio for making DVDs and Blu-ray discs with DVD Architect Pro 6.

Movie Studio Platinum and DVD Architect Studio do not support 5.1 Surround Sound audio on Blu-rays discs.
Movie Studio Platinum and DVD Architect Studio do support 5.1 Surround Sound on DVDs.

Only Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro supports 5.1 Surround Sound on Blu-ray discs and DVDs.
Vegas Pro also includes the Pro version of the Dolby Digital encoder - Movie Studio does not.

I normally use MPEG2 for rendering Video for Blu-ray discs, when using Movie Studio and Vegas Pro.
For your 5.1 Surround Sound Audio track, you could try rendering to Sony Wave64 - 48,000Hz 16 Bit 5.1 PCM (using Movie Studio).
This may work in DVD Architect Pro 6 - you will have to experiment and try.
If you were using Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro, everything definitely works.

Blu-ray burning speeds are always quite low.
I never make the burn speed higher than what the program automatically sets for you.

When experimenting with Blu-ray discs, I use re-writable Blu-rays until I can get the project to work 100% OK. Once it is working, I then burn again on a permanent Blu-ray disc.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

I placed three videos on Menu 1 and 3 videos on Menu 2. Each of the videos was rendered in m2v format. The timing of each video are as follows: video 1) 00:06:52 2)00:23:28 3)01:59:30 then on Menu 2 video 1)01:29:34 2)00:25:11 3) 00:22:14. Project size on DVD Architect 6.0 is 46.1 GB.

I have everything set to burn to a 50 GB size BDRE disc. I had DVD Architect 6.0 to Make Blu-Ray starting at 7 last night. When I got up this morning, I noticed the laptop had rebooted. I placed the BDRE in the 4K Blu-Ray player and Menu 1 came up just fine and each of the three videos on Menu 1 started playing as well. When I clicked for the submenu I titled Menu 2, it shut down and went back to the player icon where I had to open the disc drawer and close it to get the player to load it, tried to go to menu 2 again and the same thing happened. I checked the size of the ISO file and noticed it was smaller in size by about a gig versus the project size on DVD Architect 6.0. I deleted the ISO file and started the process all over again for the render, prep and burn. Should that happen again, do they need to be redone in AVC format to work vs m2v? On the second go around, on Menu 2, the first video the sound was stalling and t he other two short videos would not play.

The first thing you need to check is your Windows Control Panel - Power Options
Laptops by default, often have the Power Options set quite aggressively, which can turn the computer off after a set period of time. This can often interfere with long renders. If you know that you are going to let the computer run overnight, make sure to change the power plan so that it does not turn off and have the mains power connected. If the computer turned off before the disc was burnt, that may explain the problem.

You do not need to render to a different format. Mainconcept MPEG2 for Blu-ray is the gold standard.

Don't worry too much about what DVD Architect reports as the total disc size. This is an estimation and not an exact amount. Quite often the actual disc may end up being slightly smaller in file size.

If you have any more problems, I will have to look at your Project File, so I can view your Menu Structure. Look for the .dar project file and email it to help@moviestudiozen.com

Use the Windows Search box and type "Power Options", then select result to start editing Power settings.

Select Change Plan Settings

Set Put the Computer to Sleep = Never

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Nov 2015 18:27 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Thanks for sending .dar file.
I just wanted to check that your DVD Architect project did not have anything wrong with it. It is perfectly OK.

I think your main problem is that you are trying to fit almost 5 hours of video onto a Blu-ray disc. You can do this, but you should be using Custom Bit Rates to make the file sizes smaller. A dual layer Blu-ray disc, can normally fit about 3 hours of the highest quality HD video. The default MPEG2 rendering templates for Blu-ray encode at the maximum Bit Rates.

You have three options:
#1. Split your project into two separate projects/discs - easiest and simplest option.
#2. Re-render all your videos using Custom Bit Rates.
#3. Render your videos to DVD specifications, but burn onto the Blu-ray disc.

There is a website that has an in-built app for working out Custom Bit Rates for Blu-ray discs.
dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php

If I set it to 5 hours of video, this is what it says you should use.

To render custom bit rates, you would need to first select the same MPEG2 Blu-ray template you have already been using and then press Customize Template. This is where you enter values and what they would look like in Vegas. Please note that the Bit Rate Calculator uses Kb/s whereas Vegas uses b/s, so that is why there is 3 extra zeros.

One final important thing.
If you attempt to use Custom Bit Rates, you should save a copy of your existing project into a new folder with new project name, so that all new rendered videos and audio files, do not get mixed up with older versions. This is probably what causes problem with your latest attempt.

Please only reply to messages on the Forum and do not reply via email. I receive a large amount of email every day, and if you don't reply using the forum, it makes it very hard for me to work out who's messages go with what.

Thank you :)
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds