VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Formats supported for Movie Studio Platinum and Blu-ray disc

I was wondering if Platinum 12 supported 1920X1080p in 60 fps at 28mbps. I know it supports interlaced at 60 and at 17 mbps. would it support interlaced at 24 mbps? Also after reading a few of your previous topics, would blu ray even support the 1920X1080p? I am thinking of buying the sony fdr ax 33 camcorder and it supports the above formats.Sorry if this has been asked before.Thank you for your help.
Last Edit:05 Nov 2015 14:22 by easyrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Formats supported for Movie Studio Platinum and Blu-ray disc

Posted 05 Nov 2015 14:22 #2
Hi Easyrider

If I am understanding your questions correctly, are you actually asking about which formats are supported for making Blu-ray discs ?
If this is what you mean, then there are two separate topics in your message.

1. Yes 1920x1080-60p is supported in Movie Studio Platinum 12, however not for use in Blu-ray.
The most common use which is allowed, is for creating YouTube videos.

When you import a 60p video into a new project and use the Match Media function, your Project Properties will be set to the same properties as your original video. When it is time for rendering your project, you won't find any default 1920x1080-60p templates, however you can customize and existing template and manually change the Frame Rate to 60fps.

2. The maximum resolution supported by the existing Blu-ray specifications is only 1920x1080-60i. Way back when the Blu-ray specification was written and agreed upon, this was the maximum resolution that hardware could support at the time. Blu-ray does support 1280x720-60p, which looks quite good on a 1920x1080 TV. I would encourage you to try this option.

A new Blu-ray specification has just been released and is called Ultra HD Blu-ray.
This new specification does support much higher Frame Rates like 60fps and higher Resolutions like 4K 3840 x 2160.
You will need to buy a Ultra HD Blu-ray Player to view discs using these new formats. Major manufacturers are just about to begin sale of this new technology.

I have absolutely no idea if or when Sony Software will update their DVD Architect software to support this new technology - I hope they do.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:05 Nov 2015 14:25 by DoctorZen

Replied by easyrider on topic Formats supported for Movie Studio Platinum and Blu-ray disc

Posted 06 Nov 2015 01:33 #3
Thanks Derek,I appreciate the info. Take care
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.732 seconds