VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Render quality is excellent, YouTube quality is terrible.

• Sinxar
  • Sinxar's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Sinxar on topic Render quality is excellent, YouTube quality is terrible.

Posted 02 Dec 2015 05:56 #11
I understand. Thank you for your assistance in better understanding Movie Studio Platinium.

I have found (as expected) it is only some content types that has problems. One day Google will give us the magic settings for uploading perfect video. Honestly the only reason I am trying so hard to find what YouTube likes is because I don't want go through the trouble of using separate programs to do it. I've went down that road in the past and I am sure you are aware how much of a pain that can be.

Most of my other videos turn out fine, like this one of a game called Sublevel Zero.

And this one of Factorio.

To me these both look just fine. It seems to be mostly Minecraft that makes YouTube freak out when it re-encodes the uploaded videos. I don't know.
Last Edit:02 Dec 2015 05:57 by Sinxar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Archlich on topic Render quality is excellent, YouTube quality is terrible.

Posted 02 Dec 2015 10:52 #12
So half price until the 14th for the Suite? Sweet!
A couple of questions, though:

___
I too have had one hell of a time trying to get really good quality Minecraft videos going. I record with Open Broadcast Software 'cause I'm broke, and fidgeting with the various settings has been one hair-pulling misadventure after another.

I've settled on the settings below. Sir Doc - or anyone - do you see any glaring issues? Big-time Youtubers who have it right are notoriously tight-lipped on what their configurations are; maybe they went through similar trouble honing it themselves.
Warning: Spoiler!

___

The colour green and all those extremely fast moving squares in Minecraft, are one of the most difficult things to encode/compress. Because of how compression works, each frame is divided into squares and is encoded using the least amount of data possible.

I can see how a tremendous amount of pixels changing state so rapidly and unrelentingly can wreak havoc, but why is green a factor?

Thanks for any consideration :)
Lich
Ego svm post mortem.
Ego svm vltra.
Last Edit:02 Dec 2015 10:53 by Archlich

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Render quality is excellent, YouTube quality is terrible.

Posted 02 Dec 2015 13:16 #13
This is a message for Archlich.

I have only been using the original version of OBS up until now.
I did not even realize that Multi-Platform had been released, so I have just downloaded and installed it.

I will need to spend some time experimenting with the new version and extra settings and then report back. That could be many weeks from now.

When I mentioned the colour green, it was an example of a difficult colour to compress/encode. The same thing can happen with any primary colour.
The problem is when you have the same colour that shifts through an infinite range of shades, like a Blue sky or Green grass.
Every day video is recorded using 8 bit colour space. 8 bit can only represent a particular range of shades/colours.
You see the same problem with Text on DVDs. If you put Red text on a Green background, aliasing occurs which makes it look pixelated and blocky.
So it all comes down to how much bit rate is available to encode a colour/shape correctly.
This is a simple explanation of the problem.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archlich

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.958 seconds